Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old firmware on Plusnet HubOne

FIXED
Bob1
Rising Star

Old firmware on Plusnet HubOne

I've recently gone back to using the HubOne Plusnet supplied me in 2018 (serial ends 3009). The firmware is "Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 23/07/20". I suspect there is newer firmware now but how do I get it? I tried a manufacturer reset but that hasn't helped. The router connected to setup@plusdsl.net, but didn't give me my regular static IP and devices couldn't access the internet until I entered my username and password. Is this router still on the management platform?

9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Old firmware on Plusnet HubOne

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

It probably has dropped off management platform. @bobpullen should be able to help you with that, when he’s available of course.
That's RPM to you!!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Sorted. Try a factory reset by inserting somethign into the pinhole at the rear until the status light flashes green.

It should auto-configure this time if left alone and following that the firmware should upgrade within a few days.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Bob1
Rising Star

Great. Many thanks, Bob

Bob1
Rising Star

@bobpullen

I'm not confident this is working. I have  done a factory reset (twice) as suggested. I'm getting the same result as the original post: stays stuck on setup@plusdsl.net, won't access the internet and doesn't auto configure my username or static IP. I had to manually enter my username to get it to work.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@Bob1 - can you private message me the full serial number please?

Can you also navigate to Advanced Settings > Technical > Event log in the Hub Manager, filter the logs by TR069/CWMP and post a screen shot of what that shows please?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

For visibility's sake, the reason the automatic configuration was not working for @Bob1 was due to a change that was made at our side fairly recently to retire a hardware management server address that was coded into some of the older firmware builds. This old address can also be present in devices that have been through a refurbishment process.

The old server address was re-instated on 06/08 and since then I haven't seen any further examples of the issue.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The tale of hard-coded VAT rates in a database. The fix was to add a new table, populate with date/time ranges and the relevant VAT rate applicable in each time frame. There was some remedial work to retrofit past data. Future-proofed against ad-hod taxation changes. Chancellor announces change. Just a new line in the relevant table. With underlying strict testing and change control procedures.

I'm not sure whether this anecdote may attract further comments.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@greygit It will, because it is, once again, totally irrelevant to the question but par for the course from you. Why the blazes do you do it?

John