Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No activation date yet and Hub 2 Router not received

FIXED
jigarpat
Hooked

No activation date yet and Hub 2 Router not received

Hi there,

I placed an order for new broadband services on Feb 9th 2022.

I received a letter from my existing broadband provider that their broadbamd service will end on 28th Feb 2022; no information from Plusnet as to when will their broadband service be activated and I have still not received my Hub 2 router as well.

I'm getting concerned as we are working from home and would not afford to not have internet on the day of activation, could someone please look into this ASAP?

Regards,

11 REPLIES 11
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: No activation date yet and Hub 2 Router not received

Thanks a lot for getting in touch @jigarpat and I'm really sorry for the lack of communication on our end with regards to the order to provide you with a service. The reason behind this is that the order was in a delayed status due to the number port. I've been in touch with Openreach this morning who have progressed the number port, and will just need to check in with the range holder (original owner of the number) before a committed date can be triggered.

I've been advised however that the order is still going ahead for the 28th, and your router is currently in the process of being ordered and dispatched.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
jigarpat
Hooked

Hi Adam,

Hope you're well!

My boradband has still not been activated, it was supposed to be active on 28th March as per your previous message!

Yesterday, I spoke to Lauren (in the morning) over the phone regarding this, She informed me that the she will get back to me once she speaks with openreach regarding my activation and why it has not been done. However, as I did not receive any call back I call the support team again in the afternoon and spoke with Tom (afternoon) and later with [CSA Removed] and they said that the activation date has changed to today 02/03/2022 and the services will be activated by today morning. However, still I do not have any broadband, my existing broadband (which was with talktalk) has also stopped working since yesterday once I spoke with Lauren and Tom.

My wife and I are working from home, and it is affecting our work. Could someone please look into this as soon as possible and let me know when would my services be activated! It is really frustrating!

Regards.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Tags (1)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay with your order. I can see you've spoken to Tom yesterday and we've also e-mailed this morning to confirm we've received a committed date of today, which could be anytime up to midnight.

I understand that this should've been on the 28th February, however due to an issue at our suppliers side, there was a delay with the number port that stopped our services from activating on the day your previous provider's service ended. 

I've escalated this with our suppliers number porting team to try to make sure things go through today.

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jigarpat
Hooked

Hi there,

I did not receive any email from Plusnet today morning confirming that the committed date is today. I was only told verbally over the call by Tom and Vaquas that it will be activated today (02/03/2022).

If possible, could you please send me the email again with the committed date?

Regards.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'd recommend checking we've got the right e-mail address down for you as we've definitely been e-mailing you.

Not to worry though if you can't find the e-mails, you can view the support ticket on your account Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jigarpat
Hooked

Thanks for your prompt reply and sending me the link to the emails.

I have not received any of these emails, I checked my email address on the account as well, and it is my gmail address, which is correct. However, I have not recieved any of the emails which are on the link which you have sent to me.

Regards.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, I can't say why you've not received the e-mails, but it's possible they're filtered into a junk mail folder. 

Have you received any e-mails from us since signing up? 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jigarpat
Hooked

My broadband services are not activated yet! It was supposed to be active on 28th Feb, then was told it will be activated on 2nd March. Please provide update what is going on???
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @jigarpat

I'm really sorry again for the delay.

I've been chasing this up for you continually with our suppliers number porting team.

I can see your order has completed about an hour ago and you seem to be up and running now.

Can you confirm?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jigarpat
Hooked

Hi there,

Yes, Finally, the broadband is up and running! Thanks for looking into this!

Regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hello,

Excellent. I'm glad to see you're up and running now. I'm really sorry again for the time it took.

I've just added a reply to the ticket logged on your account you can view & reply to from Here about a goodwill gesture.

Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet