cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Router Help needed

jo1971

New Router Help needed

Hello

Have been advised by Plusnet this morning to try a new router instead of the one supplied by Plusnet a couple of years ago to see if that will help with our slow connection and frequent dropouts. He suggested we try a tp link one but all the ones I have looked at seem to be for cable or fibre connections. We don't have cable or fibre so I am a little lost regarding what I should be looking for. Could anyone suggest a router please? Many thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: New Router Help needed

Irrespective of you being on ADSL or Fibre, try looking on eBay for a BT HH6 - they are much better pieces of kit, and configuration/setup details are on the 'My Router' board.

John
jo1971

Thanks for the recommendation/advice

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Just re-reading your original post - although the HH6 is a great improvement on the PN offerings, I can't guarantee it will solve slow connections/dropouts - that is usually more a function of the BT/OR network.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @jo1971 and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your connection.

Based on your post I suspect you may be out of contract with us if we can't replace your router free of charge. As an alternative, if you recontract we'll be happy to send you a free replacement and you'll likely get a cheaper deal too.

I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange. I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet