cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer : Is Plusnet Router Compulsory or a Delete Option when Signing Up ?

FIXED
trufflehunt
Dabbler

New Customer : Is Plusnet Router Compulsory or a Delete Option when Signing Up ?

I'm actually a returning customer. Previously I was on basic Plusnet Broadband, then went fibre with Shell.

The router/modem they suppled was a Technovision, and it would take minutes to recognise my printer when I needed to use it.

I bought a BT modem, and a s/h Apple router of about 10 years old. A delight to use, as well as looking good. Recognises my printer in about 5 seconds. 

I'd like to keep this router and modem configuration, so am asking if, when signing up to Plusnet, I can say no thank you to the Plusnet supplied modem, or do I  have no choice other than to receive the Plusnet device ?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: New Customer : Is Plusnet Router Compulsory or a Delete Option when Signing Up ?

Fix

@trufflehunt 

You can certainly say that you don’t want it, send it back for free or keep it as a spare to be used if you have a problem. 
Ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and discuss it with them.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: New Customer : Is Plusnet Router Compulsory or a Delete Option when Signing Up ?

@trufflehunt 

PlusNet have always been happy for customers to use their own equipment.

If required, settings can be found in the Help pages.

Brian

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@trufflehunt 

a suggestion would be to accept the offer of a Hub Two and use it in bridge mode (as a modem) to replace the rather old Openreach modem.

Dan.