cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needing to restart router/modem a few times a day for the last few weeks due to loss of internet

Threepwood

Needing to restart router/modem a few times a day for the last few weeks due to loss of internet

Hi, been having an issue for the last few weeks where I'll lose internet and will have to restart the router and openreach modem to get it back. Tried a factory reset on the router. If I leave them off for 5 minutes it'll normally be alright for a few days, then goes back to needing daily reboots. Any suggestions please?

4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Needing to restart router/modem a few times a day for the last few weeks due to loss of internet

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Needing to restart router/modem a few times a day for the last few weeks due to loss of internet

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see you're having connection issues.

Can you private message me your account username so I can take a look?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Threepwood

Sent

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @Threepwood

I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing the cause for the issues, but I can see you've had some drops. 

I think the first step we should do is replace the (ancient) modem & router for a much newer and all-in-one model.

I'd recommend calling our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632 to arrange as we may need to recontract you in order to send a new hub to you free of charge (bar P&P of £6.99). Those folk will be here until 7pm tonight, tomorrow 9am to 6pm, and during the week Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm.

Let me know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet