Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux Ubuntu 22.04 not connecting via WPA2

FIXED
DeadRinger
Fixes: 1

Linux Ubuntu 22.04 not connecting via WPA2

Hi,

I have recently received a Plusnet Hub Two router.  I have set the Wireless Access as my previous router(s) as WPA2 with the usual SSID and Password.  I am now unable to to connect from my Linux devices.  Windows and Android are connecting OK, although needed a bit of help initially.

I have tried WPA2 and WPA-Auto in the router settings.  I have managed to connected for a while by wifi, but only when I was also connected by wired LAN at the same time.

Ubuntu offers WPA2 Personal or WPA2 Enterprise options.  Currently set to personal.  When I try to connect, the connection just says 'Configuring Interface' and then asks for the password after a short delay, which it does not accept.

Does anyone have any experience or help on this issue, please.

Many thanks,

DeadRinger, aka David

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 426

Re: Linux Ubuntu 22.04 not connecting via WPA2

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 436

@DeadRinger  try disabling the 5ghz band and then connecting the Linux box. Once connected you should be a le to enable it again.

If that doesn't work then there is a wireless mode setting with 3 options. Try changing that and see if it helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DeadRinger

Thank you, Mister W.

I did read up on the three Wireless modes, but the description did not seem to match the issue.  I will try later.

I did also try disabling 5GHz without success, but I will have another go.

DeadRinger

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 436

I've certainly had problems with a Linux laptop in the past with some routers. Can't say I've tried with a Hub2 though. Sometimes , setting a static ip will fix the problem

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DeadRinger

Fix

Thank you all for your help.  I think I  have solved it.  I set it up with a different SSID so I could user the router stand alone whilst maintaining the normal network and tried all the previous suggestions, to no avail.  Then I tried to connect my phone to this new SSID and it complained that the password I was typing was incorrect.  Checked the phone screen against the wifi settings on the router screen.  They appeared identical.  I had already checked I had not typed a similar character such as 'O instead of zero for instance.  Deleted the router password, retyped it again, saved the changes and lo and behold the laptop and phone both connected.  Either my eyes are failing or there was a non printing character that I could not see.

Thank you all for your help.

DeadRinger