Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is router packing in?

RobJM
Grafter

Is router packing in?

Hi, 

For a couple of weeks I've been having issues with wifi signal dropping , it seemed like the issue some are having with the 5G only with me it was the 2.4G .

Last week I split my 5G and 2.4G and using wifi analyzer I did see the 2.4 signal dropping every few seconds , but the 5G was fine , so ended up switching some of my devices to that, then it seemed OK for a few days, until I noticed the 5G doing it also.

Rebooted the router yesterday and all seemed fine until later today , downloads dropped to only 0.05 Mbps , yet upload speed was unaffected ,unusually also the wired connection , wifi analyzer showed wifi signal was OK?

Anyway I've just rebooted again and all is OK for the moment , I'm just wondering if my router is about to pack in altogether. 

1 REPLY 1
RobJM
Grafter

Re: Is router packing in?

Update: Since the last reboot it's been OK (4 days) that I've noticed at least, until today , began with the same issues , 2.4 dropping every few seconds , 5G was OK , currently though I cannot connect to 5G now , although wifi analyzer shows signal OK,  but 2.4 is back working?Huh