Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Hub Two available to buy yet?

FIXED
Talldave
Hooked

Is Hub Two available to buy yet?

Is Hub Two available for loyal customers to buy yet, in order to relieve them of the pain of Hub One's at least once daily line drops?

Or do I just grab one off ebay?

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Is Hub Two available to buy yet?

That's a good question. I can't find any mention of this in our internal documentation, but let me ask the question.

I'll get back to you on Monday. In the meantime, if @bobpullen is around, he may be able to answer for me. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@Talldave 

Either way one will be cheaper from EBay. Unless a staffer offers to change it on the database you will have to input your username and password manually.

However how do you know that it is your Hub One that is responsible for the drops? Are the lights changing or is it just a wireless problem? If so try separating the wireless bands.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Talldave 

A BT Business SmartHub2 would be far cheaper on eBay than buying from PlusNet.

However you can usually get a Hub2 when (or if) you renew your contract.

Brian

Talldave
Hooked

The event log is full of daily PPP LCP Send Termination Request entries.  As I'm now working more hours, the frequency with which it hits a Teams meeting is getting embarrassing and the 3 or 4 minutes it takes to get back online again feels like an age.  Curiously, the occurrences on 5 Apr and 6 Apr were 23 hr and 54 m apart.

I use Powerline for all computers, so no wi-fi problems.

I've got a BT Business Smart Hub 2 that I was going to install, but so far it's been finding a day with any "downtime" to try a swap.  Easter might be the time to try.  But the thought of a Hub Two arriving in the post, getting plugged in and being up and running in a few minutes with zero effort sounded very attractive.  If an ebay Hub Two needs tweaking then I may as well tweak with the BT hub I already have.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix

Yes, it is available to purchase. It requires a call to our support staff though and the cost is £99.99, plus P&P.

@Gandalf definitely should be captured somewhere. It was certainly briefed when the functionality was made available (hint: Add-ons). It's only avaialble where a customer doesn't already have a Hub Two.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@bobpullen, ah that's the one place I didn't think to look as the Hub One wasn't there.

Someone should probably look at adding this into the process flows, unless it's there and I can't see it. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pauljs
Grafter
Fixes: 1

No disrespect to the ever helpful Plusnet support folk and Forum Mods but my thoughts are.........

The problem is that, with the lack of QOS / the hidden backbone Wifi network / lack of ability to seperate the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wireless SSID's, who is going to pay £99 for it when they can get a better router and modem from other sources for around the same price with all these essentials enabled by default.

e.g. a used Vigor 130 modem from fleabay £60ish

+

your choice of new Router from £40-£200 depending on needs 

just saying 🙂