cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub two bridge mode

FIXED
cc4

Hub two bridge mode

I currently have a deco WiFi system connected to an old access point in bridge mode on BT.

I just got a hub two and have put that into bridge mode.

I thought I would be able to swap the hub two in now (even though my Plusnet service doesn't start for a couple of days). But it didn't work. Any ideas why?

Also does it matter which ethernet port I plug the deco into?

And what do the different light colours mean when the hub two is in bridge mode?

I haven't managed to find a manual or anything thing else written down.
10 REPLIES 10
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Hub two bridge mode

Fix

What 'access point' are you currently using in front of the Deco?

If it is truly acting as a bridged modem, then the Deco will be configured to use PPPoE and your BT broadband username and password.

If this is the case, then it should be as simple as putting the Hub Two into bridge mode and connecting the WAN port of the primary Deco device into one of the first three LAN ports of the Hub Two (avoid the fourth).

When in bridge mode, and assuming the modem is picking up a broadband signal from your telephone line, the LEDs should be pink. If they are doing anything else then there is a problem somewhere.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

cc4

Thanks!

The old bridged modem is a Netgear D7000 in bridged mode. And yes the deco has the ppoe login credentials for BT.

The hub two light did actually go pink, so good to know that's ok. I did start off on port 4, but I did try 1 too. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. I'll try it again tomorrow.
cc4

So plugging in to port 1 and waiting long enough after the light went pink worked. All good now. Thanks again!
rnewberry
Dabbler

So you put it in bridge mode and port 4 didn't work but port 1 worked and another router is doing all the routing?
rnewberry
Dabbler

I have tried connecting pfsense firewall to port 4 wan port and doesnt seem to work and another router. Shall i try port 1?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Port 4 will not work when the Hub is in bridge mode. You need to use Port 1,2 or 3

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rnewberry
Dabbler

Thanks i will try that. I been trying the wan port (4) i will try port 1.

Thanks
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

For information, the WAN port on the Hub 2 is for using the Hub as a router, connected to an FTTP ONT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rnewberry
Dabbler

so use port 1 to 3 and see if it works in bridge mode?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'