Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one firmware update from 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

SimonCruddace
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hub one firmware update from 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

I replaced my Hub one router a few years ago with a Netgear D7000 v2, as the wifi coverage of the Hub one router was not great. My Netgear was much better, but has recently started to die, requiring regular reboots, so I've reverted back to the Hub one. I see the firmware version is quite old, so could it either be remotely updated to the latest firmware?

Alternatively is there a way I could get a new Hub two to replace it, as I understand it's wifi coverage is much superior? 

If I'd realised that when I re-contracted last year I would have requested one then!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Hub one firmware update from 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

@SimonCruddace Unfortunately, you HUb1's firmware is too old to update - I seem to remember that anything before the .254 version will not update due to a change in the update process. I don't think you would get a Hub2 without re-contracting, either as these are only available to new customers or if requested on re-contract.

This is based on my understanding of responses to similar queries, but maybe a PN staff member will confirm or correct my understanding of the situation.

John
SimonCruddace
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: Hub one firmware update from 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2

Thanks for the information, I've only got 5 months left on my current contract so will request a new router if I recontract then, or will obviously get a new router from whoever I switch to! I might also try a new power brick for my Netgear first to see if that sorts it, it's a much better router when it works and the power brick is the most likely hardware to cause issues after being plugged in for years I'd guess...