cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control not working on Hub Two after reset.

MissChandler85
Hooked

Access Control not working on Hub Two after reset.

Basically we used the Access Control feature to turn off Wifi on a group for my daughter's devices. I had to reset my router recently due to something unrelated that wiped the groups and and other settings. Now I went back in to re-establish these groups and get them set up again but the minute I go to save, all the progress is lost. I've tried making groups and adding the devices on individually but they all disappear. I don't know what's changed, there aren't any other settings or anything. I've also tried turning it off at the wall and on again more than 10 seconds later.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Access Control not working on Hub Two after reset.

I've just tried using the latest hub firmware and things seem to be working OK for me. The following assumes operation via a desktop computer rather than a smartphone...

• Navigate to Advanced settings > Access Control > Groups, entering admin password of the hub when prompted
  • Enter name for custom group in the top-left field
  • Click 'Select device...' drop-down to the right of the new group, highlight a device and click 'Set'
  • Click the '+' next to the device drop-down of the new group
  • Click Save and wait for changes to be saved

This should create a group with a single device assigned to it that then appears in the lower list.

To add more devices...

• Click 'Select device...' drop-down next to the newly created group in the lower list, highlight another device and click 'Set'
  • Click the '+' next to the device drop-down in the lower list
  • Click Save and wait for the changes to be saved

To view what devices are currently in a group, click the right facing arrow to the right of the group row in the lower list (this may be the step you're overlooking?)

I'll be the first to admit that the interface for the Access Controls isn't the most friendly 😕

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
greygit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Sounds/looks like my personal experiences. Workable, and slightly more logical than other features (IMO).

There does appear to be a slight difference in selecting nwtroked devices. The choice between selecting by device name or IP address? This may (or may not) have relevance to other functions of the Hub2 (e.g. port forwarding rules),