cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Two Arrived :)

cbcadmin
Grafter

Hub Two Arrived :)

My Hub Two arrived today and gives me the chance to thank @Mav publicly for sussing the reason I resorted to Thumbsnap for attachments: I needed to request Desktop site. Wink

Not sure why mobile users wouldn’t need to attach files, but hey; it works. Smiley

Impressed with the length of the power cord! Smiley

Hub TwoHub Two

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
9 REPLIES 9
cbcadmin
Grafter

Re: Hub Two Arrived :)

Can anyone confirm the power consumption of a Hub Two please? "Apparently it consumes 8.11 Watt hours (0.00811 kWh) of electrical energy for every hour" Anyone know how this compares to Vodafone's TH3000?

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 22

The details of the HubTwo are all here.  No idea on other ISPs equipment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks. The THG3000 is rated at 12v at 2.5 amps, which is 30 watts, so will use 0.72kWh per day.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Hub Two would be 0.00811 kWh x 24 = 0.19464 Seems a *lot* less.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

The THG3000 is rated at 12v at 2.5 amps, which is 30 watts

That's the max rating of the PSU. It wont actually consume that but information on actual cons seems pretty sparse...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

cbcadmin
Grafter

It’s all a minefield. I don’t think manufacturers want you to know what a product consumes. Sad

cbcadmin
Grafter

Hub Two jumps to 18.80 W under load. so 0.01389 x 24 = 0.33336

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 433

When leccy was <10p/kwh it probably wasnt worth the effort to check what all these devices permanently on were using, now at >30p/kwh it is. If I'm away for a week or more I'll now turn everything apart from essential like fridge and freezer, off. From checking smart meter data , I reckon the non-essential (when not in the house) stuff amounts to about 50w, so 1kw/day!

cbcadmin
Grafter

I am the same in turning off non-essential devices. I once couldn’t work out why I was consuming an extra 1kwh a day, until I found I’d left a light on in the garage! Smiley

it looks like the Hub Two is slightly less power hungry than the THG, but time will show.