cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firewall errors - invalid packet causing web site lock-up?

StuartJP
Hooked

Hub One firewall errors - invalid packet causing web site lock-up?

I am seeing numerous messages in my Hub One router logs regarding TCP errors similar to the example below referring to my M1 iMac:

OUT: BLOCK [65] First packet is Invalid (Invalid tcp flags for current tcp state: TCP [192.168.0.84]:59156- >[194.66.200.25]:443 on ppp3)

The error seems to occur coincidentally with a lockup of the website that I am trying to access. I have to renew the IP lease and to re-authenticate to progress any further. I have swapped browsers from Firefox to Safari but still see the error entry in the hub logs so it’s not a browser issue. I log this error a few times a day for the example above. I also see similar errors on other devices as well, including an Amazon Echo ( strange!) but they do not seem to cause a noticeable problem.

Is this problem resolved by the Hub One software update that is available ( on request it seems)?  Until I split my Wi-Fi channels I was getting a lot of disconnections but I have everything on 2.4 GHz now rather than 5 and disconnections seem to be less frequent. 

Stuart

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Hub One firewall errors - invalid packet causing web site lock-up?

Hey @StuartJP,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Do you know which version of the firmware your router is running on?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
StuartJP
Hooked

Hi! It’s on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 18/02/19).
I have requested via this forum and Bob Pullen an update to the latest version but nothing has happened yet.

Stuart

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this. I'm afraid I can't say when that thread may be updated, but I'll enquire about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team