cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
dmacaulay

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Thankfully I found this thread before shelling out for a new router.  

Current on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.  Can an update be sent to my router please?

I've already extended the lease tome to 21 days but i'd like to avoid this issue in the future if at all possible.

dodger2

Hi @bobpullen 

Can I have the  latest update, having problems with the 5 Ghz channel.

Serial Number: +081441 +NQ1040911

Software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Last Update Unknown 

Regards

briston
Aspiring Pro

I can't believe this. Having got these problems I took matters into my own hands and solved it. Plusnet made a financial contribution to the solution. But this was over a year ago.
floppydisk

@bobpullen It's stable so far - VPN up all day which I couldn't get near with 5GHz turned on before. Thanks!

mcalrissian

Hi @bobpullen 

Can I have the  latest update too, I am having problems with the 5 Ghz channel.

Serial Number: +081441 +NQ12373524

Software version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Last Update Unknown 

thanks!

TrevB
Hooked

Dear Bob, there are now 187 pages on this thread, you keep saying you can’t reproduce the issues in the lab, you clearly seem to have found a solution in the latest firmware release. Anyway what I wanted to say was,  now you know this , why are Plusnet still sending out routers that have the old firmware it’s madness, your customers are sick of the issue, I myself have brought a new router I was fed up with the issues on the old one. Personally I think Plusnet should reduce my bill to cover the cost of this, but they can’t, it would open the flood gates. I have been with Plusnet since 2002, but this has seriously tested my loyalty. Just sort it out, it has been going on to long, use a different router stop sending out ones that are going to fail. @bobpullen 

briston
Aspiring Pro

@TrevB have the flood gates already been opened. If you have a few spare hours you can pick up where Plusnet have contributed to the solution. You are correct, over 180 pages and still problems. I looked back. It's about 2 years when I solved the problem, and Plusnet helped with the finance of it.
Tags (1)
TrevB
Hooked

Thanks for the info

briston
Aspiring Pro

Looking back it's nearly 2 years
knoxy7777422
Hooked

I've just managed to exit my contract due to the router causing upload speed sync issues, which ironically Plusnet took over 30 days to acknowledge was a router issue

Anyone else stuck with the proven inept Plusnet router is to buy a homehub 6 and get Plusnet to cover the cost, as has been proven to be effective by a few people on here.

Anyway farewell and good luck but I will not be back to Plusnet again!
TrevB
Hooked

Very sad to read this, I suspect you are not the first or the last to jump ship for that reason. Plusnet are a great ISP but this is issue could seriously damage confidence. For god sake sort it. 

Iandfisher
Rising Star

There are a number of people on this thread, including myself, who have bought new BT routers and been reimbursed by Plusnet. They know it's an issue - it's been published twice as an issue in computer magazines as it first arose in March 2019. I got a much better router and I got the cost and postage back. Don't leave Plusnet just get them to pay for a different BT router
srgrice

Hi  @bobpullen.

Thanks for the message. I restarted around 2 weeks ago. Do you know if the update was pushed successfully as currently still have 5g turned off so I can use the wifi? Will test if so.

Thanks for the help on this. 

viffergb
Grafter

Can anyone advise if there is a specific time window when firmware updates are pushed out to the router?

I ask because I reverted back to using an old BTHH5A some 6 days ago in order to overcome the 5GHz issues.  As such, BobP has indicated that my Plusnet Hub One has been earmarked to have a firmware update and rather than just revert back to using it full time, I'd like to connect it to the network when the update is likely to occur, e.g. early hours of the morning when I'm not using it.  I'm happy to do the swap over the coming nights until the update has taken place.

rjt

OK, I thought I'd try and hold out and see if the general rollout reached me soon, but no sign:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 27/03/19

I've had enough of rebooting my router every few days - @bobpullen can the latest firmware be pushed to me, please?

My contract is up in a couple of months, so I'll need this issue resolved for me if there's to be any prospect of my renewing.