Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
tsharp1093
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

@tsharp1093 wrote:

@Iandfisher wrote:

I just used support@plus.net and headed it as 'Complaint'. I told them that it was a known problem since March 2019 and that I had purchased a new BT router and I wanted to be reimbursed. I guess that the fact that is was a BT router it made it a little more palatable. It is still cheaper for them to refund on demand than replace 1,000s of faulty hubs. Good luck

Thanks, I've just sent an email off so I guess we'll see what they say!

For anyone else reading - I picked up a BT Smart Hub 2 from eBay for ~£20 and installed it last night; it's clearly a better piece of hardware (you can tell literally just by looking at it!) and seems to have completely resolved my Wi-Fi woes. I'd recommend not bothering with PN's firmware update (since it doesn't work) - just cut out the middle man and get yourself a new router.

Plusnet, if you're reading this - stop providing substandard hardware. You might be saving a few quid, but you're damaging your business and reputation.

For anyone following my progress - I contacted Plusnet support via Twitter (the support@plus.net email address is no longer in use) and they have agreed to credit my account with the amount I paid for my new router.

If you're still struggling with your Wi-Fi connection, I'd definitely recommend going down this route!

Hickmania
Dabbler

Hi Bob, @bobpullen

I'm a new customer, joined mid August and I've been having lots of issues with 5GHz WiFi devices, which have been going away temporarily when I restart the router, but I don't like having to keep doing that as it makes my line look unstable when it isn't!. I'm on version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Could I have the latest update too please? I can't believe that this has been a known issue for such a long time and the fix hasn't automatically been rolled out to everybody!

lulabird

Hi Bob

I seem to be missing the firmware update serial NQ74600578 MAC DBD775A6152A can you send the the update please

SS41
Dabbler

Hi Bob,

I hope you are well.

How does this update work?

I'm only on .263?

Thanks in advance .
Faizan786
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

ive had push on 29th and all good, no random reboots for 5 days straight. and i can finally get on bt wholesale test to see ip profile. Thanks @bobpullen 

caio
Hooked

@bobpullen 

I only joined Plusnet 3-4 weeks ago and had connected 2 laptops and 2 mobile phones to the network and all was working fine. Today both mobile phones (android huawei and iphone) will no longer connect to the wifi as well as my HP laptop - my MacBook is connecting and working just fine. My network does come up as an available network but when I try to connect to the wifi and the devices actually connect to it, but then there is a message saying that the wifi does not have access to the internet.  Any help with this is greatly appreciated as I have tried everything I can think of. Have already restarted the modem twice, as well as the HP laptop and both mobile phones.

PS: I'm on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Thank you!

Jeanniec007
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen
I'm having 5GHz WiFi issues. Some devices connect fine but phones connect but have no Internet access. I'm on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 are you able to help please?
jg3

Hi Bob,

Had my account for a few months now but only just started using the Plusnet Hub One since Sunday. My iPad and iPhone have had intermittent Wifi connectivity since Monday (after working fine for a day or so), and the log shows constant "client associated/client disassociated messages". I've renamed the 5Ghz Wifi for now and everything is working fine on 2.4Ghz.

Could I please have the firmware pushed?

Serial number: +081441+NQ10402446
Firmware version: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated Unknown
Board version: Plusnet Hub One
DSL uptime: 2 days, 02:22:41

Thanks.

SS41
Dabbler

Hello All,

Can someone please let me know how I can get the latest update please.

My dropouts are terrible and I hope this update may help me.

Is there a link or somewhere I can go and get the update.

It is absolutely disgraceful for pn not to carry out this update automatically and rely on the benevolence of people on forum.

First they sent me an old router (twice) when I should have been sent the smart hub one and then they had the cheek to charge me £6.99 for sending it 7 months after i should have had it.

Laughable.

Thanks in Advance.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

So, firstly - in way of an update...

The 289.1.1 firmware has already been deployed to hundreds of thousands of Hub Ones (automatically). I was expecting it to have reached everybody by now, however we made a difficult decision to pause half way through to allow some time to investigate a memory utilisation issue we observed in the field.

Without going into too much detail, we have now incorporated a patch for the aforementioned issue, ergo the 289.1.3 build. We're looking to recommence deployment next week, starting with those who are still on 263. We'll then go back round and mop everybody else up.

If you are currently running 289.1.1, then there is no need for you to request another upgrade ahead of the widespread deployment unless you are suffering serious issues with your hub - as in: literally grinds to a complete halt requiring a reboot (or reboots itself).

@gandl & @Indy62, sounds like you might benefit from the 1.3 update, so I have just pushed it to your respective devices. You'll need to switch your hubs off/back on to apply it.

@daz4265 @AzzieMusical @pjr & @wliu - your hubs should already be running the 289.1.1 update. They were all targeted as part of the mass update.

@nonstandard @MortimerCat @Irvine_87 & @Josephhodgkiss - your hubs no longer appear to be online. If they are then let me know and I'll take another look.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@SS41 @jg3 @Jeanniec007 @caio @lulabird @Hickmania @BarryP @RedSTNW @SpicyPineapple & @VictoriaIceni - I've pushed the latest update your way. You'll need to restart your hubs to apply it.

Hope it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@ingouk @simplesamf @StuartJP @bok04 @ianvincent @neiltownsend @Anonymous @bennett00 @knoxy7777422 & @Ashpork - update has been sent your way too. Again, please power your hubs off/back on at the earliest convenience to apply it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@grahamt - not sure if your hub is still online or not. Drop me a private message containing the serial number if it is and I'll upgrade it.

@khkats - I've struggled to locate your account. Any chance you can send me a message containing your hub's serial number? Thanks.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

khkats
Dabbler

Hi Bob , +081441+NQ10401697
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@khkats - thanks, all done. You'll just need to reboot the router at your side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team