cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
TimUK

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi Bob, I've been having 5ghz WiFi problems since signing up for Plusnet a month ago. Can the firmware update be pushed to my router please?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@TimUK - that's been done. You'll need to power your router off/back on to apply the update.

@ConcreteHippo wrote:

Can the downgrade for the firmware be applied to my hub?

It's an upgrade rather than a downgrade. I've just sent it your way. Same applies as above; you'll need to restart your hub.

@ConcreteHippo wrote:

Is there any timeline when a proper fix for this problem will be available?

See the earlier post of mine here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bigbighair

Hello, I'm running a Plusnet Hub One software: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and having significant issues for the past 2 weeks. Could someone please push the firmware update onto my router?

Many thanks!

TimUK

Thank you @bobpullen, just a few follow up questions:

• I had previously disabled 5ghz as per your first post, so should I now re-enable 5ghz and sync with 2.4ghz or keep the bands separate?
  • If connected to 5ghz on its own band, will the update fix the connectivity issues?
  • What's the best practice in terms of connecting some devices to 2.4 and some to 5? Should devices be split evenly to aid performance, or does it not really matter?

Thanks again!

Nikhil_V

Hi Bob, we've been having the same issue with the 5GHz on the hub one router. Would it be possible to request the new firmware update too? Thanks
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bigbighair & @Nikhil_V - that's been done. You'll need to restart your routers to apply the update.

@TimUK wrote:
  • I had previously disabled 5ghz as per your first post, so should I now re-enable 5ghz and sync with 2.4ghz or keep the bands separate?

User preference really. I'd typically start by keeping them merged and see how you get on.

• If connected to 5ghz on its own band, will the update fix the connectivity issues?

Yes, it should do.

• What's the best practice in terms of connecting some devices to 2.4 and some to 5? Should devices be split evenly to aid performance, or does it not really matter?

5GHz is always the preference if the device supports it and is within range. There's more available bandwidth on the 5GHz channel, and it's less susceptible to interference/congestion. It doesn't reach as far though. I've comfortably had tens of devices connected wirelessly to a Hub One before, most on 5GHz.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Nikhil_V

Thanks very much Bob, really appreciate the prompt response and fix!
bigbighair

Thanks very much, fingers crossed now!

bigbighair

Well, I'm hanging on to see whether this is consistent (I've been getting wild fluctuations in speeds (0-25MBps within seconds)), but so far I'm getting about 35Mbps download and 9Mbps upload on the wifi which I've NEVER had, not even on a good day! Thanks!

camjam12

Having trouble too. It cut off in middle of a film last night and now says i'm connected but no internet on any devices please help.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@camjam12 - your router hasn't been connected to your broadband account since midnight so I don't think your issue has anything to do with Wi-Fi connectivity.

It looks to me like the username stored in the router has reverted to its default value for some reason.

Try factory resetting it by inserting something into the reset pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green. If you then leave it to do its thing for 5-10 mins, I'm pretty confident your connectivity will be restored. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

camjam12

Wow thank you so much. This has worked a treat.
cwurley

Hi @bobpullen 
Can you send the FW update to my PN Hub please?
I'm getting really annoying wifi dropouts and high ping responses.

tia

linesben

Hi Bob,

I've been having the 5ghz issue for a few months now and have since had 5ghz turned off which has resolved my issues. Could you push the updated firmware to my router please so that I can turn it back on?

Cheers.
M3SNU-Steve
Dabbler

Hub One 5GHz WiFi issue

@bobpullen 

Hi Bob, I've been having 5ghz WiFi problems since signing up for Plusnet a month ago. Can the firmware update be pushed to my router please?  Thank you for your time, have a nice day! 

Stephen. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic merged with main Hub One issue thread.