cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Dhru81

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen  please could you push the firmware update to me too please. I'm currently on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and having issues with the 5ghz broadband dropping out

davesinclair

@bobpullen  Thanks for the update , which applied today. Will monitor and let you know of any problems.

Cheers

Dave

leese

@bobpullen  Hi Bob, Please can you push the firmware out to me to help fix my wifi issue.  I have spoken to plusnet support but they are not aware of the updated firmware.

Regards

Andrew.

Nev123
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen

I've just come on this thread after going round in circles over the last 3 weeks since joining Plusnet with these exact problems.  If possible Bob could you push it out to me as well please. I'm currently on version 263.

Many thanks

Neville

DaveG1

Hi @bobpullen any chance you can push the update my way as well please, I've had various calls with helpdesk re dropping connection (5g) and all the usual fixes don't work so as I'm on 263 firmware I suspect it's the same issue everyone else seems to have.

Thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Dhru81 @leese @Nev123 & @DaveG1 - I've just pushed an update to your respective devices. You'll need to give the router a reboot at your side to apply it.

Hope it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DaveG1

Cheers @bobpullen will let you know if any issues Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks again @bobpullen, well my sister must have been working from home since (I guess from 9am this morning) and I haven't heard from her yet so no news is good news and all that. I would definitely know if there were problems. Thanks for what you did and for helping me out when technically you weren't working. I hope you enjoyed the part of your weekend when you weren't actually working 😀

I may pop over there around lunchtime and I will post back on this thread later.

Nev123
Hooked

Update sucessfully installed

Thanks again Bob.  I'll let you know how I get on

Neville

Soamesy
Hooked

@bobpullen - Reporting back

All good here with the .289 update. Been working from home the last week so been connected to the 5ghz band for days. Hasn't missed a beat.

Do you do change logs for your firmware? I like to read up what has been changed...

PM me if you want any info on my setup.

Thanks again!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Soamesy we don't publish the official changelog, however items of note are:-

• Stability improvements for FTTC lines on busy vectored cabinets
  • Improvements to network map display to tackle some cases of missing LAN/WLAN devices
  • QoS improvements when using WAN port
  • Fix for BST time inaccuracy
  • Fix for 5GHz throughput degradation, requiring reboot
  • Improved DNS proxy response times
  • Fix for issue that can cause DNS resolution failures, requiring reboot
  • Fix for 5GHz stability issues, requiring reboot (being discussed in this thread)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Soamesy
Hooked

@bobpullen Thanks for the list of changes/update!

Would the DNS resolution failures show if the DNS activity is handled elsewhere in the local network or just if you are using the forwarders built into the router?

It's interesting because, on occasion, I have had that issue but put it down to my choice of DNS provider and my local DNS server...

I'm not asking for assistance with it and if I do I will start a new thread... Just curious... 😁

You're doing a cracking job as I recently read that PlusNet Hub One routers are currently showing as very secure (No known vulnerabilities)!!! 👍

Bright8
Grafter

Hi @bobpullen can you please push the update for me. I have been advised by Benj to request this as i have the 'symptoms' you mention and the firmware that ends in 3. thank you

leese

Works great thanks
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Soamesy wrote:

Would the DNS resolution failures show if the DNS activity is handled elsewhere in the local network or just if you are using the forwarders built into the router?

It's only a problem if you're using the router forwarding.

@Bright8 - can you drop me a private message please containing your account username and hub serial number? I'm having some difficulty locating your router.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team