cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
FatFizz

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen. I don’t think there is anything more to the performance of the 2.4 GHz band besides congestion and noise. No different to before the update but more noticeable now with most devices on 5GHz.

No issues at all so far on the 5GHz since the update so touch wood; no restarts required to date.

Looking good.

Thanks, Fizz.
pl4za
Hooked

Updated on the 6th and since then all seems fine!

Have dhcp disabled and wifi split.

Both ethernet and wifi (2.4 and 5ghz) are working!

Thanks for the fix, will share any updates in the meantime.

stumain

@bobpullen On .289 and having re-sync'd the two channels it's been a lot better last night and today.  Again, thanks for your persistence.  From this point, no news is good news. 

dcomm1

Hi @bobpullen,

Many thanks for the Hub One router firmware update.  All good so far with the 5GHz not dropping out.

Your help and fast response is very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Donald

pl4za
Hooked

I think I spoke too soon, this update seems to have broken the ability to connect to my works VPN server.

Windows attempts to connect for ages and eventually fails. 

I believe the VPN is using PPTP / L2TP.

Unfortunately this is critical for me so suggestions are welcome.

AMThompson

Can I get my router firmware upgraded too @bobpullen 

I have constant ping spikes of up to 1000ms. I have a PlusNet Hub One and am on .263 firmware

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@pl4za - knowing what has been changed in the latest build, I'd be very surprised if your VPN issue is related. Have you raised the issue with your local helpdesk and have they offered anything in the way of diagnostics? e.g. can they see the traffic from your connection hitting the VPN endpoint? Anything useful in their logs that they might be able to provide?

If you can private message me more details about the VPN address and how you have things configured then it would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you can connect to the VPN if you use another Internet connection e.g. mobile phone hotspot?

@AMThompson - I've pushed the update your way (you'll need to reboot to apply it), however I'm not certain it's going to help with lag spikes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AMThompson

Updated received, it's worth a shot so thank you for pushing the update Smiley

so far pings are more stable round 12ms. Will see if it holds up.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Hi @bobpullen 

Appreciate I am posting this on a Saturday and you may not be working today. Well you’re entitled to a weekend break from work like everyone else. 😀 

If you are let me know, or next week. My sister was moaning to me about her WiFi. I split the bands, I got 10Mb from 2.4Ghz and 40Mb on 5Ghz. That’s from what I remember. The (vague) feedback I got from her is the intenet ‘Is Better’.

Reason I am posting today is if a firmware update can be posted today, then I would appreciate if yourself or someone else can do it.

My sister works from home full time, office hours Mon-Fri. She not been moaning to me so far about her internet and now calmed down (so my ear drums are getting a bit more of a rest at least). Won’t hold my breath on that one though, I’ll give it a bit of time. Something else will happen.

Of course I just don’t want changes made to her device during the week in case it doesn’t go well. Cor the hassle I will get from that should that happen. Doesn't bear thinking about 😟

I’ll go over there later today and have a look at her current setup. I can post stats and firmware version et al.

Should set her router up for remote access and pay the fiver for a static IP. Hmm may request that later on today. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Alex I'm not working but message me her serial number and I'll sort it.

In way of a general update about this issue: we re-commenced the global deployment last week and the first 50,000'ish devices have now been upgraded. We're going into a period of monitoring for a while, but assuming all is still well in a few weeks, we'll accelerate the deployment.

Still a bit early to crack out the champagne, but I'm going to start cooling a bottle or two in preparation Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Alex
Community Veteran

Thanks @bobpullen 

Also thanks for what you're doing for me.

I'll pop over there around 3pm, and will drop you a PM with the serial number.

Will post back here when I've done it.

EDIT: I'll have a drink with you too Bob, currently drinking a beer and will have another before I leave here. 😀

meb
Dabbler

Thanks @bobpullen 

Looks like my firmware updated to 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.1 on the 10th via a system restart so guessing this was part of the general push you mentioned. Been ok so far and 5k not dropped out yet (still got 2.4 and 5 split at moment so I can monitor). I have TV and mobile devices on 5K and Sky on 2.4 as for some reason they wont allow it to connect to 5 unless on there broadband (anti-competition issue?)

I'll keep a check on how it goes but as 5K used to last no more than a day previously I'm cautiously optimistic!

Cheers

Martin

03:17:04, 10 Jun. ( 32.340000) System up, firmware version: 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.1
03:16:51, 10 Jun.

( 19.190000) System start TR069

Alex
Community Veteran

Hi @bobpullen 

Sorry a bit later than what I said, but I've sent you a PM with the serial number and my mobile number.

Took me a bit of time as I am rubbish at doing admin.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Alex - That's been done. The router will need powering off/back on to apply the update.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Alex
Community Veteran

Massive thanks Bob for what you've just done for us. You are the second person at PlusNet who I'd would like to buy a drink for.

I am still here for the moment, but I will tell the chief (that is the boss round here) what has happened.