Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Mitchjc123
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Thanks very much @bobpullen - now showing updated software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.1 
Let's hope this works!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@meb wrote:

If there is an update please can I have it and if its such a widespread issue why isn't the update just standard for everyone? 

I've pushed the update to you too Martin; you'll need to restart your router to apply it.

I've answered your question elsewhere in this thread. The intention has always been to push an update to everybody, however there have been myriad complications along the way. Much of what's been done in this thread involves pushing pre-production firmware builds and that contains an element of risk.

We are on track to resume the mass deployment this week all being well. It will take some time to reach everybody though (I don't expect blanket coverage until August).

@rowleyway wrote:

We can now connect to 5GHz wifi. Unfortunately the 2.4GHz is now useless. We can connect to the boradband but speed is slow.

@FatFizz wrote:
@rowleyway I thought it was just the channel around me that was just getting increasingly congested but I have found since the update that the 2.4 GHz connected devices are now much slower.
Coincidence maybe?

Please keep an eye on this and shout if the issues persist. As above, we're very close to deploying a similar build to the one you are currently running and I don't want it to introduce any issues that weren't prevalent before.

@KRichardW wrote:

Today the wireless connections in the house froze and the ethernet wired connection from PC to router would not allow access to router.  Restarted router manually and all reconnected.

Seems that is still not completely stable.

Again, please keep an eye on things and shout if the issue persists.

@Alex wrote:

I've been having complains from the end user round my way about their connection as well.🙄

If you can proved me with their serial number Alex, then I'll push the updated firmware.

@Jiffyuk wrote:

Revisiting your first post, you link to another thread where connection to 5Ghz is dropping. This was in 2016, five years ago.

The particular issue being discussed in this thread was not around in 2016. I have upgraded you to the latest build by the way (you'll need to restart the router). 

In way of an update, see my comments above about the plans for wider deployment.

@stumain wrote:

For those that have updated to 273, have you seen any improvement?  I've had it for a month or more now I think and am still needing to reboot the router every couple of days.

You should be OK on .273. I've pushed a more recent build to you regardless. You'll need to reboot to apply it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Soamesy
Hooked

@bobpullen - Thanks for the update!

I'll report back if this has helped my situation here (I like feedback when I'm fixing things! 😁).

If it helps isolate the issue, my setup up at home is not the standard... Let me know if you want any details as it might help rule out something...

Cheers!

Matt

HarryMDale

Thanks, Bob! Will restart in a bit and report back!

tiggy2020

@bobpullen thank you I’ll reboot router and see how it goes I’ll let you know if it fixes it or not
scottwootton

good afternoon, 

I am new to plus net, 3 weeks in, and I've not had one day of uninterrupted yet.

ive had a new box put on by open reach, and a faulty line fixed,

and i'm now on the second router with plusnet, i have tried all the channels and separating the 2.4ghz from the 5ghz,

but unless i plug into the router with an ethernet cable, it just keeps kicking me out, the line is perfectly fine, but the wifi is on and off all day, i was lead to assume this is a unexplained isolated incident, then i come on here and find its happening a lot, how do i go about getting a firmware update to this router i have please to see if it can be sorted?  i have to say I'm thinking of just cancelling and walking away tomorrow whilst I'm still in the period of being able to do so. working from home has been a nightmare.

scottwootton

im on 081441+nq50821912

on version 263 on a new hub one

@bobpullen 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@scottwootton On the back of our discussion on Twitter I emailed @bobpullen and he kindly updated the firmware in your router. I messaged you back at the time about an hour ago, not sure if you've seen it yet?

Once you've rebooted your router you should be on the newer firmware

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Jason5

@bobpullen just to update you on my situation one month since firmware update.  WiFi has continued to be stable with no drop outs so far and I haven't had to reboot router.  Thanks for the support, Jason

Michaelw89
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi @bobpullen,
Thank you for your reply.
I have re-started my router and can see confirmation that the firmware update of 4.7.5.1.83.8.289.1.1|Last Updated 07/06/21 has been applied.

It reconnected to the internet for a brief period but it has disconnected again with the blue light displayed on the Hub.
I still have the 5GHz Wireless configuration de-activated. Should I reactive this? Is there anything additional that I should be doing?

Many thanks
stumain

@Jason5 are you running the channels together or as separate SSIDs, please?  

@bobpullen thanks, will reboot now.  You deserve a medal for your perseverance on this!

Jason5

@stumain I am running 2.4 & 5 GHz channels together.

stumain

Thanks @Jason5 , I made that switch back last night after the latest update from Bob.  In the office today so won't be able to test until tomorrow but here's hoping.  

Michaelw89
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi @bobpullen,

In addition to this ongoing problem, when the wi-fi disconnected, I tried to connect via my ethernet cable and a similar problem occurred, no internet connection. The connection is currently working as I type this message.

clarkw1971

Thanks @bobpullen rebooted yesterday to get the update, and have not to restart (yet!), which is a significant achievement thus far. Hope it stays that way.

Do query why PlusNet continue to send out routers with a known fault to new customers, with the potential to deliver a poor service from the outset - however glad to have had your assistance to update and hopefully I can continue to work away from home without having to be worrying about whether my connection drops.

Thanks