FIXED
VaughnS
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

@bobpullen 

I have rebooted my router again this morning but the software is still 

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown

So the push has not worked.

Please bear in mind that the plusnet user name on this forum is wrong and I can find no way to change this, but my email is correct.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @VaughnS Maybe a PM to @bobpullen with your details and the serial number from the router could help. Did you unplug the router completely from everything then start again.

VaughnS
Hooked

@mort7890

Thanks

I have PM'ed Bob as suggested.

I did pull the plug each time for over 30 seconds so should have been good.

LaurieEdwards

Thank you! This is what I was looking for !!

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

HI @VaughnS Did you also do a factory reset of the router (pin hole on the router using paperclip)

VaughnS
Hooked

@bobpullen

Thanks for your help I now have .273 software.

I'll let this thread know if this does solve issues or not.

Willinh

@bobpullen
I posted yesterday asking for the new firmware, here is a more detailed explanation of the problem.

Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?
5ghz stops working - Most devices disconnect from 5Ghz band. Happens often but irregularly. Sometimes more than once a day but at other times will go a day and half. Cannot then reconnect them even though the 5ghz still shows up.

Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub? Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?
Yes it is blue throughout, but I cannot connect any device to 5ghz.

Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?
Yes they are split - this problem only affects 5ghz.

Once the problem occurs is it persistent? Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?
Wired devices are fine.
Problem is consistent. Rebooting the router fixes it for a while.

Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode]
No - is random and not clearly connected to any device.

Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub? If so, how long does it take before problems recur?
Yes always resolves it but will last a day or sometimes several hours.

If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.
All devices affected - iMac, android phone, laptops, Google home minis

Have the devices experiencing problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred?
No

Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.
Plusnet home hub ethernet wired to smart TV. Laptops, Google homes, phones connected to WiFi - they work fine on 2ghz however is slow if only using this band for everything.

Please can you send me new firmware ASAP.
Thanks
Will
Rickman
Hooked

Hi Bob, it's worse on 5ghz but now affects the 2.4 as well.
Bingobongo
Hooked

Thank you. This fixed things for me. What I find most shocking, is that a year on, we still have no permanent fix!
Kwokey888

@bobpullen
I am having the issues discussed with 5 GHz wifi, please could you push through the new beta software. Thank you.
JamesCarter

Hi,
Many thanks for pushing that out, first signs look promising.
Regards
James
Jiffyuk
Dabbler

Thank you for pushing through the firmware to my router. It seems to have resolved the issue or they are not as noticeable.

And a huge thank you to @bobpullen. You deserve huge credit for the work you do for Plusnet. The amount of work you do out of hours is a credit to you. I hope you have a great Xmas.
matiushu
Dabbler

@bobpullen, please push firmware .273 onto my plusnet hub one router. Let me know if you need my plusnet username
matiushu
Dabbler

@bobpullen - I have PM you with my username and hub serial number. Please deploy firmware .289.

I have both issues with 5Ghz disconnects and drop in bandwidth
seanod

Hi

I'm experiencing all the issues described in this post.

Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?
5ghz stops working - I only have a maximum of 5 devices connected.to the wifi network, none of the devices connect to the 5ghz network for very long. Happens frequently....Samsung s10 phone disconnects very frequently

Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub? Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?
Hub light remains blue.

Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?
Merged - default settings

Once the problem occurs is it persistent? Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?
Wired devices are fine.
Problem is consistent. Rebooting the router fixes it for a while.

Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode]
The issue seems random and happens frequently.

Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub? If so, how long does it take before problems recur?
Yes but only for a short while

If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.
All devices affected - Android phone, LG TV, Lenovo laptop, Chromecast

Have the devices experiencing problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred?
No

Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.
Plusnet home hub ethernet wired to PC, smart LG TV, Lenovo laptop, Google Chromecast, Skq Q, Android mobile.  Not using any additional switches or adapters etc. 

I am using the latest firmware (4.7.5.1.83.8.263).  Only received a new router a couple of months ago after complaining about wifi connection problems.

Is there a new firmware version you can send me?

Thanks
Sean