cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
martsky

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Ooops! I see you have later software. I understood that the firmware/software is automatically downloaded. But perhaps I need to download it myself.

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @martsky No this is the software pushed through recently and as mentioned in previous discussions you may have to contact @bobpullen with username and serial number of your router for him to update for you

definedrisk

@bobpullen thank you. Upgrade to "Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 | Last updated 15/11/20" has resulted in no further 5ghz problems. 

Also when viewing Advanced Settings -> Home Network -> Devices the device information now correctly shows and remembers the "network name"  of each device. The previous firmware in the Plusnet Hub One had resulted in the "network name" being replaced with a default based on information supplied by the connected device firmware and mac. Not a big issues but was annoying. I often added useful names to each device in the Plusnet Hub One but after several days, when I next looked (maybe the device had disconnected and reconnected) those friendly names had been lost. This is not happening any more, great.

SteveDavies182

Hi Bob

What do I need to get you to update the firmware on my router? It sounds like I'm having the exact same issue and just found this forum.

Our hub one is currently running on .263 and the 5ghz seems to turn off resulting in everything that can switching to the other. When I reset it, it seems to help for a few days and then does it again.

Thanks in advance

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 28/01/19

mort7890
Pro

Hi @SteveDavies182 as previously discussed you need to contact @bobpullen  with username and  router serial number

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@ryanbarling that's been done for you. You'll need to reboot at your side to apply the update.

@definedrisk glad to hear it's helped. Worth noting that there are still some issues with network map presentation in this build, although we've made some further improvements that will be incorporated into the next major firmware release.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

GoodGrief

Hi @bobpullen 

I thought I'd already posted in this thread (and my post history shows one post, but it can't find it 🤷🏼‍♂️) - could I also have the update please. Thank you!

Philehidiot

Well, after multiple issues with multiple machines, I've finally found this.

I spent about a month working with Alfa's tech support thinking it was their stuff and as we got more and more 5GHz capable hardware, it hit more and more devices. It's a shame as I had absolutely loads of diagnostic data which might have helped you.

I'd appreciate it if you'd be able to push this firmware to my router.

Additionally, is there any way to put better encryption (beyond WPA2) on the Hub One? Or some way of ensuring deauths don't work to make it harder to capture the handshake?

I can't see a way of sending a PM, so my plusnet account is mltomlinson and the router S/N is +081441+NQ64721715

5GHz is currently disabled. Is there any way of testing this without re-enabling it?

mort7890
Pro

Hi @Philehidiot message 1419 informs how to send PM's

Philehidiot

Cheers, I ,looked and could have sworn that PM button wasn't there before. I wonder if  it was because I hadn't posted yet. Either way... ta.

SpecialD
Rising Star

@bobpullen  - Same here.

I posted in here somewhere a long time ago ... 

oh, and here - Could-this-be-a-bug-with-firmware-4-7-5-1-83-8-263-or-Windows-10/m-p/1637662#M12092 

and here - Internet-dropping-on-wifi-although-wifi-still-available/m-p/1638757#M12164 

It's been a while 😀 - So could I also have the update please? - Or should I say 'downdate' ? !

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Philehidiot & @GoodGrief - the update has been pushed to both of your devices. You'll need to reboot to apply it.

@Philehidiot wrote:

Additionally, is there any way to put better encryption (beyond WPA2) on the Hub One? Or some way of ensuring deauths don't work to make it harder to capture the handshake?

5GHz is currently disabled. Is there any way of testing this without re-enabling it?

If you're talking WPA3, then it's not planned - and I'm not sure if it's possible given the constraints of the current hardware/firmware.

Only way to test it would be to re-enable it really. You could re-enable and name the 5GHz SSID differently so you can test it in isolation without major disruption to the rest of your network.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HawkEye__GB

Could it be possible to have the latest firmware pushed to my router?

All my devices (PC/Phone/Tablet/Consoles) can join with 2.4Ghz and access the internet. When I try to connect with 5Ghz, on both merged and split SSID, all the devices connect to the router but can not access the internet.

I have also tried to set DNS manually, and set static IP on the router, these attempts did not fix the problem.

I transferred from BT on the 11th, so I have used this model of router in the past with no problems, so I'm very sure it is not a Wi-Fi signal issue.

I tried contacting Plusnet twitter support for help but they just saw the word Wi-Fi and gave the basic signal strength answer. From looking at the forum it looks like it has been known to Plusnet for some time.

Router serial number: +081441+NQ02940738 Firmware: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

arashrk

@bobpullen Could you please push the update to my device as well. I am having the same wifi problems for ages.

my current firmware version is: 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

serial number: +081441+NQ93528963

Thank you in advance. 

Jooster

Thanks @bobpullen. Unfortunately it’s not made any difference. Wifi still dropping out randomly and frequently.

I’ve ordered a BT HH6 from eBay so hopefully that’ll see me through to the end of my contract with PlusNet and then I can move to a better supplier.