Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
skicat
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

HI @bobpullen , I know you've been away for a week but would it be possible for you to push the .273 firmware update to my router please? You already did this several months ago which fixed my wi-fi issues, but the router has just been replaced for a different reason. The new router has come with the .263 firmware so I'm back to square one with the wi-fi.

Many thanks,

KingRonseal

Wayblack,

I used the instructions here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673 .

Very straightforward, only point that I got stuck on was number 8, and that was because I didn't read the second part of it properly. 

Doesn't take long either.

wayblack

Thanks KingRonseal...., like my last post this should help others who need this information, cheers.... 👍

JestersTear
Dabbler

Still dropout free on the BT HH6 after 3.5 weeks and I'm working from home RDP'ing to servers and user PC all day - before was a nightmare withe the PN Hub One. Better range on 5ghz too with HH6.

Anyone having issues, I would urge you to grab a cheap one.....it will save you hassle in the long run and dead easy to setup

Once my contract with PN is up its BT FTTP all the way.

frankc52
Grafter

At the end of the day, it's better the devil you know IMHO and if all is working ok why leave? If you goto BT you get the same network and most of the managers are employed under a BT contract but you are getting a cheaper deal with PN and the mobile deal is quite good again using EE via Plusnet mobile which BT owns. £6 for unlimited calls with 4Gb data. The only downside they don't offer 5g at the moment.

Tags (2)
stumpypete

@bobpullen 

I am experiencing the 5GHZ issue now. First time it has happened today. 

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Serial No +081441+NQ01007067

Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Agreed. PN uses the BT network, I quit BT for PN and find no difference in service but a MUCH lower monthly bill 😊

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@skicat @sgoodrick @TJohnDoe @Wizzkidy @steve81 @bricktrix @Jesspj91 @Droppedtuba @Paulgriff100 & @stumpypete - I've pushed the change to your devices. You'll need to reboot at you side to apply the update.

Hope it helps!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@HushTheVoices & @lloyd_634 - I tried the same with your routers but from what I could determine, they weren't online?

@Moyano & @kostas - I've struggled to locate your accounts, so you'll need to drop me a private message containing your router serial numbers and account usernames.

@Tonymcclennon2 wrote:

Unfortunately, despite an update to v273, the connectivity is so slow that I ended up buying a BT Home Hub 6 from Facebook Marketplace for £10. This has certainly speeded up the connections from devices - as an example, my Lenovo Laptop was showing download/upload speeds of 26.1/16.8Mb through the Plusnet hub, but 68.8/16.1Mb through the BT hub. 

Slow throughout on the 5GHz channel is a slightly different issue. It is being discussed over here. To summarise - we have fixed the issue and it will be rolled out as part of a future update. 

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Droppedtuba

Great thanks Bob, really appreciate all your efforts here.

I have tried turning the 5ghz channel off for the last couple of days and it does seem to be better with no noticeable drop outs since. I’ll see how the update goes.

Thanks again
Paulgriff100

Many thanks for the pushing me the update Bob, I’ve re-enabled 5ghz and just put my iPhone on it for now leaving everything else on 2.4ghz while I ensure all is well.
skicat
Dabbler

Thanks @bobpullen , I've applied the update. Hopefully all working now 👍

lloyd_634
Hooked

Hey @bobpullen

I'd switched to my old BT HH6 temporarily. I'll get my Hub One plugged back in and online now ready for the next time you can roll the update out.

Thanks!

DeeAJay
Dabbler

Thank you @bobpullen  Devices are connecting to 5GHZ now and everything is working faster than it was. 

PT1

Hi Bob,

I am experiencing unstable WiFi connections with my 5GHz connection as well. The router is running with software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and the 2.4GHz, 5GHz channels are merged.

Many thanks,

PT1