Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
pbeardow
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Everything was working perfectly to start with, then the IP cameras on wifi dropped out this morning. Skype calls didn't work last night, so I assume the iPad also dropped out. I reset the router, but perhaps I should have actually reset everything to make sure DCHP leases and everything we're fresh. I may try again this weekend, but to be honest I'd like to cancel my contract and switch to another provider right now. I shouldn't have to go through all this and buy 3rd party routers. It really is shameful of PlusNet to let this linger and mess up people's broadband when so many are confined to home. By the way, this system isn't at my home, it's at my mother-in-law's who has to stay in because she is vulnerable. No connection means no outside world for her and we can't keep an eye on her either. 

frankc52
Grafter

Just a thought speak to tech dept as you may need to open some ports for Skyp and would recommend get some advice on total time to renew your IP Address. I have changed to 6 days 6 hrs also you can set a fixed IP address for your cameras. I have found most of the people on the tech side quite helpful 👍🏼👍🏼
allanlewis

For future reference, I ended up buying a two-point BT Whole Home WiFi system and that's working well; I've turned off the WiFi on the Plusnet router.

I'll be moving ISP when I'm out of contract unless there's been a revolution in how these issues are handled.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@hillfort @danhatts @mechimp @mkchris83 & @tsharp1093 - I've pushed the workaround to your devices. You'll need to reboot in order to apply the update. Let me know how it goes.

@pbeardow happy to do the same for your relative's device, however you'll need to re-install it and drop me a message containing their router serial number so I know where to look.

Just so folks are aware: I'll not be around next week, so won't be on hand to pick up any replies to this thread. I'll aim to catch up on my return though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mkchris83

Thanks so much!

hillfort
Dabbler

Thanks v.m.

I've rebooted and it's now running on 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 

The wireless devices have reconnected with a fair proportion on 5MHz. Too early to say if it's working properly but the next few days should do it.

pbeardow
Hooked

Thank you @bobpullen 

I won't be able to do anything early this week, the system needs to be up and running the whole week for various reasons so I'll need to live with it as is and reboot if needed. I have switched back to the Plusnet device already in anticipation, but forgot to get the serial number. I'll do that ASAP and send it to you.

HushTheVoices

Hi Bob

I am a new PlusNet customer and I am having this exact issue.

I've already split the 2.5 and 5 GHz networks but after about a day I lose connection to the 5Ghz connection, getting authentication issues, and depending on the device, suggesting my password may be incorrect.  If I reboot my router, everything is okay for a day or so before the problem comes up again.

Everything is okay on the 2.5Ghz network.

I am using firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

If there is a new firmware version available, I happy to give it a go and report back.

If you need any additional information on my set up, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Ian

rnbetsy

Hi Bob,

Can you please push the firmware to my router too. I'll pm you my router details.

skicat
Dabbler

HI @bobpullen , could I possibly have the latest update pushed to my router again please? I've just had the router replaced (for a different problem) and the one that I've received has an older firmware version.

Many thanks 👍

Spraggs97

I have just joined and I am also having these connection issues
flavvy

Glad to finally find this thread. @bobpullen Can I get the update for the firmware also? Will DM my router details

JestersTear
Dabbler

11 days in with the BT HH6

zero droputs

better range

#happy

sgoodrick

Hi Bob @bobpullen, I'm also a new customer and am having problems with the 5GHZ channel. Could I grab the firmware update too please? Cheers.

TJohnDoe

Hi @bobpullen. I am in the same boat as @sgoodrick - I am glad that I found this thread and can at least use 2.4G without any issues now - and would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with the newest firmware update. I'd pm you my details but I think as a new user I have insufficient permissions for this. Thanks!