Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
drtodd
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen - can you push the firmware for me too please ? Currently on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and router is showing same problems as reported in this thread.

Appreciate your help,

Darren

efcstevee
Dabbler

Thank you
Update received
MiahAM
Hooked

Good evening @bobpullen,

To let you know that I've updated from .8.263 to via the software (soft) restart on the router:

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 | Last updated 05/06/20

I can see that the 5G connection is now being used by my various devices - Amazon-FireTVCubeAmazon-Fire4K-StickNintendo-Switch, etc.

I'll keep an eye on it and see how we go from here. 

Thank you for all your help today.

pauls3142pn

Thanks Bob. Update received I’ll keep an eye on performance. 

smarts

Firmware updated. Thank you so much seems to have fixed the issues @bobpullen. Have a great weekend
AC2

Thanks @bobpullen, I can confirm I've received the update and I'm running 4.7.5.1.83.8.273 now. I'll keep an eye on the performance.

The router has also managed to connect to the internet after the soft reboot which is definite improvement to the previous (hard reboot only) workflow.

mattkaner

@bobpullen Hi, I've been experiencing this issue for some time now and have only recently found this thread. Can you push the firmware for me too please? Currently on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263. Thanks.

5Gquestion

@bobpullen 

Hi I am also seeing the same issues.

Would it be possible to get the update? Let me know what you need from me.

Thanks

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi @bobpullen 

Received the hub 1  a couple of days ago as I am upgrading to fibre, and having WiFi connection problems

disabling the 5GHz seems to have sorted it for now, could you please push software upgrade and then I can test

(currently on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263)

Cheers 

mallow1

Hi @bobpullen  New software appeared on 02/06/20.  All went very well until 05/06/20 when WiFi lost contact with Internet.  I switched off the router, unplugged it and left it for a few moments then switched it on.  All OK now.  Will keep you posted

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
paul_edwin
Grafter

@paul_edwin wrote:

Only issue I've noticed so far: on my MacBook Pro (connected via wi-fi), going to Advanced Settings > Home Network seems to trigger a reboot of the router, every time. It works fine from my MacBook Air (connected via Powerline ethernet).

If you need more info on that, or want me to try anything else, let me know.

That definitely shouldn't happen. What model MacBook Pro and what version of MacOS?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5 (19F96)

But … it won't do it now. 🤷‍♂️

When it happened, it was from a Firefox tab that I'd previously used for changing the DHCP lease time before the new firmware was installed.

I've tried it just now using Safari; that worked as expected. Then Firefox, and that worked too.

All I can guess was that the browser had something cached from the session with the .263 firmware, but I don't know how that would cause the router to reboot.

sullys666
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Firmware update a couple of days ago. Everything seems okay so far.  The only difference I have made myself is to install a network cable and switch to my sons room so his computer and XBox One have quicker network speed. 

bsc76

Thanks very much @bobpullen, will test over next few days, fingers crossed issues are now sorted!
ryan0583

Hi, I've been experiencing this issue with the 5ghz network on my router. I currently have it disabled as a workaround. I'm on firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263. Would someone be able to push the firmware update to my router to see if it resolves the issue?
typhoon2099

Hi @Bob, could I also get the firmware update applied to my router? I've had 5GHZ issues for a long time now.