Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Kes1
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Thanks Bob. I've just rebooted and the 273 update is now showing on the Hub .
I will let you know how it performs.
Thank you
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@bobpullen wrote:

@simoncrnfrth, give me a couple of hours...

@simoncrnfrth, try a reboot and you should be on .273 with a clean slate. I've moved you to this rather than .280 as I have more confidence in it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

simoncrnfrth
Dabbler

I've reset the router and I can confirm its now on 273
I never experienced any issue with 280. The WiFi dongle on my computer is a 2.4 and 5Ghz dongle and after the 280 flash my computer was connected to the internet everytime on 5g and never missed a beat. As soon as my router started running on 281 it was a different story. Whatever that minor change is in 281 is making the 5g behave like 263
Hamba
Grafter

Thanks a Bob.  I’ve done the factory reset now

Tags (1)
westcoaster
Grafter

Update from me - I've had the .273 firmware since 1st May and everything has been fine. My phone connects to 5GHz first time every time and a broadband speed check varies, but I can get up to 50+mbps.

So far so good Smiley

TedT
Grafter
Fixes: 3

Hi @simoncrnfrth

I've flagged your  reply up to Bob and he will have a look into that for you,

Regards

Kev

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Kevin T
 Plusnet Help Team
PWD
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

If this has been patched please would someone push a firmware update to our router, it is currently on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

We were using BT HH 6A but have been asked to try your router in relation to another issue so now we have this fault stacked on top of the other one.

cassiealexandra

Hi @bobpullen 

I'm also stuck on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 with 5GHz disabled. Can you release .273 to me please? 

Thanks,

Cassie

elmarteoni

Hi Bob

I'm also experiencing issues with the hub one router and came across this page. Can you please update me to the latest firmware?

Thanks

Martin

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@simoncrnfrth wrote:
Whatever that minor change is in 281 is making the 5g behave like 263

It fixes a regressed issue that causes the whole system to reboot in the presence of certain Wi-Fi devices. Whilst it might not affect you, it's not something we'd want to unleash to the masses Wink

@Hamba  @PWD @cassiealexandra & @elmarteoni - The update has been pushed to your respective routers. You'll all need to power off/back on to apply the upgrade.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

simoncrnfrth
Dabbler

I did experience the rebooting on 281. I also changed the 5Ghz channel twice from 48 to 100 and unticked the Smart channel and the router reset back too 48 with the smart channel ticked again.
Compared to 280, I'm not liking 273. The WiFi doesn't seem to work aswell as it did on 280. I'd be happy to have 280 again and see if what i experienced with 280 is consistent if it's applied again.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@simoncrnfrth wrote:
I did experience the rebooting on 281.

What rebooting? Do you mean you had to reboot the router to restore service, or was it physically rebooting on its own accord? If the latter, then that's a new issue that hasn't been reported until now Huh

I also changed the 5Ghz channel twice from 48 to 100 and unticked the Smart channel and the router reset back too 48 with the smart channel ticked again.

Channels above 48 are DFS regulated. If competing traffic is detected on one of these channels whilst you are using it (e.g. radar), then your router will automatically move you off it. This is regardless as to whether or not you have the channel selection explicitly fixed.

Compared to 280, I'm not liking 273. The WiFi doesn't seem to work aswell as it did on 280. I'd be happy to have 280 again and see if what i experienced with 280 is consistent if it's applied again.

I honestly think there's a degree of circumstantial coincidence/placebo at play here, but so be it: I have pushed the .280 build to you again. You'll need to reboot to apply the changes.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

warrensworld

Bob

I'm new to Plusnet and am experiencing the loss of 5Ghz wifi on my new Hub One that then requires a reboot to temporaily fix.

I'm on firmware 263. 

Please can you push me the latest stable firmware for me to try?

Many thanks

Jamie

JONOOKII

Hi @bobpullen 

We've been plagued by this issue on and off for months but have only just discovered this thread today.

This afternoon I have read through the entire thread and tried disabling 5Ghz and extending the lease to no avail. Any chance of having the latest firmware pushed through to try please?

Many thanks.

simoncrnfrth
Dabbler

The router rebooted itself definitely once as I was using the internet when it went down. I logged into the router when everything was back on and in the Log for Boot was the rebooting. I suspect it did it during the night too as my Alexa in the morning was displaying no internet connection which it does when the internet goes down. I cant confirm for certain as I did not check the Log on the router

I have reset the router and back on 280. As I have said before, the whole 2 weeks I was on 280 I never had any drop outs or problems. I don't know if it is a placebo but noticed it last time around, when I click on links or open web pages it all seems to happen with minimal lag. I will keep a eye on things and report back if I experience any more issues.