cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
NX-01

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi @bobpullen, I have been having the same issue with the firmware .263. Would you be able to push the update to mine as well, please? 

Many thanks.

andypolyakov

Hi @bobpullen, Could you please help me as I am having the same issue with the firmware .263. Would you be able to push the update to mine as well, please? 

Many thanks.

Andrew

CC2

Hi @bobpullen, like most others on this forum I seem to be on the previous .263 firmware version. I'd rather give the firmware update a go before disabling the 5Ghz on my Hub One. Is the update to the .273 firmware version something that can be done manually on my end, or does it require input from Plusnet? Cheers.

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@bobpullen 

Hi Bob. What does the .280  firmware change. As you know the 5ghz has been stable on my unit on the .273 firmware. I just have poor throughput issues. Oddly using WiFi analyser on the 5ghz network it does not detect anything on the usual channels of 36 to 48., All show no stars, but says  the best channels are 149, 153,157 161 which are not accessible on my hub 1. 

go3asy

Hi @bobpullen , I have been following this thread for a while having the same issues since I joined Plusnet in Feb. I am also on the .263 firmware, can I get the updated firmware pushed out to see if it resolves my issues? I am working from home now so its becoming more of an issue. 

nickhutchings99

Hi @bobpullen 

We are having continuous problems with dropout on Hub1. We have version 263. Can you push a software update 273 or later to our router please. This work around has cured similar problems for a local friend.

snaqvy
Grafter

@bobpullen 

Please could you update my router? thanks in advance.

I've been having the same issue with 5ghz wifi and even went as far as replacing the router with another one before finding this thread. I only noticed after spliting the 2.4 and 5 wifi. I was using the hub as an access point in a fairly conjested wifi area. My ipad would refuse to connect until after a reboot. I will plug the plusnet hub one back in to the phone line.

BTW This is a good reason to allow upgrade of the firmware without having to ask on the forum! I'm sure there are loads of people out this with this issue but no way to upgrade the firmware.

RhysoTDI

My first post but I’ve spent a while browsing looking for a fix!  

could i please @bobpullen request a firmware update for my router too?  I have the hissing sound on the 5ghz frequency’s.  A side effect is that my download and upload speeds drop over a couple of days and the sound levels increase

Hoping you can help Smiley

thank you

Rhys

JestersTear
Dabbler

What info is needed to get the latest firmware?

I'm on 263 and also having the 5ghz issue...

hann0n

@bobpullen 

I am having the 5GHz issue with my Hub One on .263

Could i get the trial update rolled out to me? Thanks.

Tiggy22

Hi @bobpullen I disabled 5GHz channel a few months ago to overcome the problem. Could you please push the latest firmware so that I can enable the 5GHz channel. Many thanks

peelywallysnr
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen,

Can I request the update being pushed to my Hub One which is running .263 too please? Been experiencing 5GHz connectivity issues with our mobiles, tablets, laptop and TV for several months and has been getting progressively worse as time has gone on.

Thanks,

Ray (Plusnet ID: peelywallysnr@plusdsl.net)

Digsy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

@bobpullen 

Bit of a long shot but I have an Engineer visiting tomorrow morning to investigate a recent problem which is similar to this but also affects wired devices. Basically I get the "connected but no internet" on ALL my devices, wired or wifi, and both 2.4Ghz aad 5Ghz. The wifi devices all behave as if they have no internet access at all. For the wired devices the behaviour when trying to use the web varies from no internet at all to a small amount of traffic on some sites and more on others. The problem comes and goes and can sometimes be fixed by a factory reset (a reboot doesn't do the trick), and other times not. Sometimes the problem lasts a few seconds and sometimes up to half a day.

It is very difficult to replicate and troubleshoot. I have logged the whole thing in this thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Help-me-diagnose-this-problem-Router-or-something-else...

I would appreciate your thoughts when you get time.

Stay well!

Corrn12
Hooked

Hi, @bobpullen  

I would also like to request an update to the router, currently on 263. Using more 5g devices lately so never noticed before but now have to restart it every day or two for a connection same as others have reported.

Thanks

JestersTear
Dabbler

@bobpullen 

Cani Get the 273 firmware please - 5ghz driving me mad!