cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
alexdulac

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

@bobpullen  Did a restart and for the first time the 5Ghz is working and fast.

Thanks so much, ill pop back to update if it drops again, if you dont hear from me please consider it fixed Smiley

Thanks alot,

Alex

bernardli

Belated thanks for the 273 update @bobpullen

In case things got worse in terms of the 5Ghz connection, can I go back to the previous firmware (263) if needed? Maybe should have asked that before you updated but there you go! Fingers crossed 273 update sorts things out.

Thanks in advance.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@bernardli, you can but it will invoke a factory reset. Hopefully you won't need to.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

runningSlow

Hello Bob, any chance you can drop me into the test group as well? Been facing this issues for months, currently running on firmware 263 and the only thing that works for now is to restart the router and that's been happening at least once a day.

Username: ohmygoditsjesus

Thanks,

Jesus, not the real one.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@runningSlow all done Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Gargamel

@bobpullen 

I'm affected by low throughput after a few days when using 5GHz wifi. It drops from ~35MB/s to ~1.5 MB/s. The issue is always rectified by a restart of the router. May I please have the new firmware applied to my router ? I'm currently running 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Happy to provide feedback.

runningSlow

@bobpullen Thanks, will come back in a week to report the results.

Have a nice weekend.

dwhyte83

@bobpullen 

I am also running on the same version, I have tried swapping and unsynched the bandwidth and even disabled 5GHz which is not ideal, any more advice or an update to the latest version, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bconnor
Hooked

Hi @bobpullen , thanks for pushing the update. Been more or less a week now, and so far now stoppages on 5Ghz. Previously I don't think it'd gone as long as a week. I'll keep monitoring, but so far so good.

Doing very unscientific sporadic daily speed tests, bandwidth seems to be consistent, varying by <= 5% out to the net downstream.

thanks

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@dwhyte83 that's been done for you. Your router will have rebooted to apply the update.

@Gargamel I've also upgraded yours, however I'm not convinced it's going to resolve your issue. We have a separate ticket open looking at throughput deterioration on the 5GHz radio (although not typically to the extent you're reporting).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Sannd908x
Hooked

I am now getting issues with the 2.4Ghz WiFi. Tried rebooting a couple of times but doesn’t solve the problem. Switching 2.4 off and back on allows me to connect and even get some throughput but after a few minutes that stops ( though still connected). 

I do have a TP-Link Archer VR900 AC1900 router modem and a BT Smart Hub, both of which I have tried in the past but both sync at 3 to 4 Mbs lower than the PlusNet hub so not ideal when my max download is typically only 23 to 24 Mbs.

So would it be possible to use the Archer as a router and the PlusNet hub as the modem switching DHCP and wireless duties to the Archer. The Archer has a WAN RJ45 port so should be able to route Internet traffic that way to the PlusNet hub.

Or alternatively ditch the PlusNet hub completely and buy an Openreach modem of fleabay and pair with Archer.

Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated.

Sandroalfa

Hi @bobpullen.

I have had the 5Ghz problem for a few weeks now. Have disabled it and been using the 2.4Ghz without problem. When it was on not all of my devices had the issue at the same time. At first it was a Xiaomi phone, but everything else was fine. The phone would then regain connection before dropping out again. Subsequent to that a Samsung tablet starting acting the same way until finally everything (2 Xiaomi phones, Samsung tablet, Lenovo tablet and HP laptop) dropped connection. At that point I switched the 5Ghz band off. Would it be possible to have the update sent to my router. I use a freeonline.net (remember them?) username which hopefully won't make a difference.

Thanks. 

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Sandroalfa & @Sannd908x I've pushed some changes to both of your devices too. They will have rebooted to apply the update but hopefully there'll be an improvement.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Sannd908x
Hooked

Great. Thank you. It has updated and I have re enabled 5Ghz and connected ok. I’ll feed back if any further problems.

Thanks again.
Sandroalfa

Thanks @bobpullen. Have rebooted and 5Ghz connection is OK. Will keep you updated. Your prompt action is much appreciated.