Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
lucylucylucy
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

So I got the BT home hub 6 and have had it up and running for the last two days and what do you know...ALL my wifi problems are magically fixed! 

Really disappointed in plusnet. 

aomslater

Hi @bobpullen , we've had this issue going back about a year now. Could you push the firmware upgrade to us?

We had switched the 5GHz network off for months but I would really like to start using it now.

I've tried a few of the suggested workarounds and nothing helps for longer than a few days. I can turn 5GHz off and on again which brings it back to life, but again only for a few days.

To confirm, the issue seen is that on the 5GHz network only, devices are unable to authenticate suddenly after a certain amount of time. 2.4GHz network is completely unaffected

Thanks

markangeltruema
Dabbler

Another update from me, 5ghz drop out again today even with the .273 firmware. Restart of router fixed it.

Simonsimps
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

2 weeks without a drop on any 5Ghz device now with the .273 firmware.

Crazy how some are still having issues with the new firmware.

mrshift

Hi admins,

As this appears to be quite a major issue that's affecting many users with the Hub One, would it be possible to have an update on progress for the fix, please? Is the official plan to resolve this with a software update, and if so what are the timescales to have it pushed out to all users? Can the firmware be updated by affected end users themselves if made available for download?

Alternatively, is this a hardware-specific issue that can be solved only with new routers, in which case when are these likely to be dispatched?

Any insight into the plan of action would be useful and appreciated, thanks. Even a 'we're working on it, we don't have any details to share yet but bear with us'-type message would be beneficial.

Cheers,

Andy.

briston
Aspiring Pro

But that is the line. 'we are working on it'.
There is something going on and fixing this issue, whatever the issue is if any, is not happening.

However in my case it has thrown up a couple of other gremlins which are being sorted.

I have been given a BT hub 6 which seems fine. Once I know my line is stable I will be looking at a new modem/router mesh system. Happy days.
Dunner31

@lucylucylucy Was it easy enough to set up? Have bought a BT router myself as i'm fed up of this situation

roadsidetree
Dabbler

Hi admins,

Software of my Plusnet Hub One is 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 last updated on 13 March 2019.  I understand this is old. Can you push latest updates please.

Thank you,

Sheddyian
Grafter

Yes. Typo in my post. 192.168.1.254 gave me the forbidden error, thenafter I rebooted the router I pressed F5 and got the usual router page as expected.
MKChris
Dabbler

My 5g has just failed again after working for a couple of days.
This is totally unacceptable, Hub One is not fit for purpouse. Either the long standing firmware problem should be fixed or they should be replaced with something that works as advertised on both 2.4 and 5g without requiring frequent reboots.

It is also unacceptable that there has been no response from plusnet admins to what is clearly not a few isolated cases.
briston
Aspiring Pro

Careful. I got shot down in flames when I said the hub1 was not for for purpose. Even though a guy at plusnet agreed.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Agree, this router is poor. Although I have had the firmware update, and had no 5ghz disconnections, I have reported 5ghz signal is weak, even though I live in a standard semi house. This appears to be yet another issue, confirmed by Bob pullen. BT appeared to drop the HH5a years ago, moving to a 5b, and then the HH6. I have a HH6 business which I presumed was faulty due to line drops, but now these look like they are fixed, will move back to it, and see what happens.
bernardli

I'm on the 263 firmware and tried the extend the DHCP lease route and that held out for 14 days (normally it was maybe 2 or 3 days). The WiFi speeds over 5ghz drops to 20Mbps when normally it's around 70Mbps. I've switched off the 2.4Ghz channel to see if that helps but the bug is still there.

Is it possible to get a firmware update?

Thanks in advance.
roadsidetree
Dabbler

I posted yesterday requesting for an update and so far no response yet.  Come on Plusnet 😒

lucylucylucy
Hooked

@Dunner31 It was super easy and only took about 20 minutes in total?! I followed the instructions here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...