Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub / Gryphon not working anymore

FIXED
Gryphon1
Hooked

Re: Hub / Gryphon not working anymore

@MisterW - Ah, this maybe my mistake...by "full-fat fibre" I mean our package is "Unlimited Fibre Extra". I'm not sure what an ONT is. We have an OpenReach dual-socket. The Hub 2 is plugged into the top one at the moment, using a small phone-type connector. Is the ONT the lower socket? Thanks

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

A terminology confusion then.

If your broadband is via the phone line then you would need to retain the Plusnet Hub. In this case the “bridge” suggestion earlier should be the best approach.
I am the satisfied customer....
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Gryphon1 

You'll be on Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC).

PlusNet use the term Full Fibre in relation to their fibre to the Premises (FTTP) products. Here a fibre optic cable is brought into the house and terminated in an Optical Network Terminal (ONT). Routers, or any other product that supports PPPoE, is plugged into the ONT using an Ethernet cable.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Is the ONT the lower socket? 

@Gryphon1  no, the ONT replaces the master socket completely, it's installed with a full fibre product. Your product is not full fibre and so you will not have an ONT

Edit, @bmc beat me to the explanation

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gryphon1
Hooked

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I'll factory reset both the Hub 2 and the Gryphon and then try running the Hub 2 in Bridge Mode. I'll report back when I've done that...

Gryphon1
Hooked

@bobpullen wrote "in an ideal world, I would have suggested that you configure the Hub Two in Bridge Mode" and others said the same.

I did this and have not had an drop-off since, so thanks again everyone that helped with this.🍺