cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 WAN connection

winfamb
Hooked

Hub 2 WAN connection

I have just renewed my PlusNet contract and so I decided to get the new Hub 2 router.

I have FTP - though I'm not sure PlusNet think I have. My BT Open Reach box (with battery back-up to keep the fibre line up) connects to the WAN port on my Hub 1 router.

Can I just connect to the WAN port on my Hub 2 in the same way as my Hub 1? The included guide says do not use the WAN port?

Also I am thinking of changing the SSID and password on the Hub 2 (assuming I can do the former) to be the same as the Hub 1 so that when I swap over I don't have to change all the connected devices - can anyone see an issue with this?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Hub 2 WAN connection

Yes and should be fine
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
winfamb
Hooked

This is my open reach connection.

IMG_20220331_183154.jpg

dvorak

Yeah just plug the cable in wan port
Customer / Moderator
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@winfamb 

If I understand correctly you cannot split the 2.4 & 5 bands on the Hub2 but otherwise there's no problem.

I'm also a bit confused. If you're on PlusNet FTTP then you're on the Trial. Your OpenReach looks equipment as old as mine. However my confusion is unless things have changed very recently you are not allowed to contract or upgrade / downgrade your conenction. This is due to the bodges used in setting up the service no longer work with the new Billing Sustem. A consdequence of this usually means we can't get our hands on a Hub2.

Brian

dvorak

@bmc 

Going on this....

I have FTP - though I'm not sure PlusNet think I have. My BT Open Reach box (with battery back-up to keep the fibre line up) connects to the WAN port on my Hub 1 router.

It looks like someone dropped the ball.

Customer / Moderator
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I believe most of the problems recontracting on the legacy trial are where FTTC is not available. If it is available (alongside FTTP), then it's probably possible.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵