cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unsync 5Ghz on Hub Two

FIXED
ChrisD1

How to unsync 5Ghz on Hub Two

I've been digging around in the settings for Hub Two and I can't see any option to unsync the two bands so I can rename one. Where is the setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: How to unsync 5Ghz on Hub Two

Fix

@ChrisD1 welcome to the forum.

It is not possible to split the wireless names on  a Hub Two.

ChrisD1

That's dissapointing. Do you know why it isn't? I had no problem doing it before on hub one

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@ChrisD1 if youre having problems with connecting a 2.4ghz only device, then the trick that often works , is to temporarily disable the 5ghz on the Hub 2, connect the device , then re-enable the 5ghz

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@ChrisD1 in an ideal world it should not be necessary to split the wireless names as the connecting device should be smart enough to sort out which is the best frequency to connect to. 

Did you try renaming the Hub Two wireless as to the same name as the Hub One 2.4GHz wireless name as this would have negated the need to reconfigure any devices other than those using 5GHz only.

In my case the Hub Two I have has had no issues connecting any wireless device to it

grtuser777
Hooked

yep I discovered the same thing on receiving the Hub 2.  Needed it so my Hub 1 got plugged back in.