cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect the Plusnet Hub Two to Orbi RBK763

FIXED
billy1231

How to connect the Plusnet Hub Two to Orbi RBK763

I am a newbie for setting up the wifi system. I am using the Plusnet Hub Two with full fiber connected currently. However, I found that it is difficult to cover a 4-bed rooms house with 3 storey, e.g. at 2nd floor bedrooom the network speed is reduced from 450mb/s to 50mb/s...my current connection as below:

current connectioncurrent connection

To improve the network experience, I brought the Netgear Orbi RBK763 as my wifi mesh system. I would like to know the detail steps and cable connection for setting up this. I have read lots of articles and am still not sure how to setup and connect. Following is my understanding, please advice if anything is incorrect or misunderstood or incorrect sequence.

1. use 192.168.1.254 go into the Plusnet Hubn Two Manager

2. Ho to Advanced settings > Turn on the bridging

3. Connect an Ethernet cable to non-WAN port of Hub two and Internet port to Orbi router.

Orbi routerOrbi router

4. Enter orbilogin.com and use the admin&password to login, Internet > Does your Internet connection require a login : Yes > 

Internet Service Provider > PPPoE, PPTP, or L2TP > type the Plusnet member centre login and password (not current wireless wifi password?)

5. Service name = Plusnet, Connection mode = Always On, Idle Timeout = 0, IP Address = Get dynamically from ISP, Domain Name Server (DNS) = Get dynamically from ISP, MAC Address = Use Default address

6. Done? can use the Orbi router's WiFi network to use the wifi for any device?

By the way, I know that the Plusnet Hub Two can smartly switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels, so I can connect my smart bulb / smart socket easy currently. Could I still use it after I use Orbi's router Wifi? or do I need to switch to 2.4GHz manually to connect the smart bulb/socket initially? Does it affect the normal use of smart home devices?

Please kindly advice if anything is incorrect or misunderstood...I would appreciate if anyone could help to confirm my steps and concept is correct before I connect it.

Thank you so much!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: How to connect the Plusnet Hub Two to Orbi RBK763

Fix

Ho to Advanced settings > Turn on the bridging

@billy1231 No. Bridge mode is ONLY for bridging an FTTC connection. For Full fibre, you don't need the Hub 2 at all!. Just connect the Orbi WAN port directly to the ONT.

Internet Service Provider > PPPoE, PPTP, or L2TP > type the Plusnet member centre login and password (not current wireless wifi password?)

Note that you need to suffix the username with @plusdsl.net.

Other than that your settings are good...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

billy1231

Re: How to connect the Plusnet Hub Two to Orbi RBK763

@MisterW Thank you very much, everything is done and work as normal now~!