Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to set up my own router?

FIXED
UziAtake
Grafter

How easy is it to set up my own router?

I've been having quite a few issues with the range and speed with my PlusNet one hub and I am thinking of buying my own router that is more powerful.

Will this be possible and how easy will it be to set up? 

Do only certain routers work? 

If anyone can fill me in with some information that would be great.

Thanks, Alex.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: How easy is it to set up my own router?

You will need what's sometimes referred to as a modem/router. For Fibre(FTTC) , that is a router with a built-in VDSL capable modem.

Basically you need to configure it with your PlusNet username and password , the settings are described here How to connect your broadband | Help & Support - Plusnet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

UziAtake
Grafter

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Fix

Yes, that would be fine.

The significant part of the description is 'VDSL/ADSL Modem router for phone line connections'

The Tp link units have  a 'quick setup' , selecting PlusNet_VDSL from the list and entering username/password should be all thats required unless you want to change wifi channels or SSID's

I think there's a couple of thread where people are using the VR600

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/a-few-thoughts-on-the-plusnet-Hub-One-and-why-I-changed/m-p/...

https://flowerbunch.org.uk/how-to%E2%80%A6-plusnet-fibre-broadband-with-tp-link-archer-vr600-router

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.