cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update

lorddepravus
Dabbler

Firmware update

Been without fully working internet for two and a half weeks now. 2 replacement routers, 5+ hours on the phone to your support team, 3 Openreach engineers and one Qube engineer later. He said the firmware on the router isn't the latest version, which is likely the cause. I was promised an update last Friday and again today and still nothing. When is this going to get done?

Plusnet Hub One

Serial Number +081441+NQ12374304

Software Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated unknown

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): duplicate post removed.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Firmware update

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from automatic spam filter. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @lorddepravus

I'm really sorry to see the issues you've had.

I've messaged you back on Twitter but to echo here, for a firmware update the quickest way is to post in the topic Here that's at the top of the Router board as a colleague from our products team personally monitors this.

Not to worry though as I've raised the request from this side to the same team and we'll update you as soon as it's done. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lorddepravus
Dabbler

I posted it there as well. Also phoned support last night because I was promised a call back yesterday which I never got. Was told that the firmware upgrade had been put on hold AGAIN until Thursday. I asked to speak to a manager who promised the update would happen either last night or this morning and I would get a call back. I need this done now. I've been without working broadband since 25th September. I cannot do my job without it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

The firmware upgrade isn't on hold, the ticket is because we're waiting for an update on the firmware request. Appreciate the length of time you've had issues. I'm confident that as I've escalated this last night to our products team and you've posted Here that you'll get the firmware upgrade as soon as we possibly can.

I've gone a step further and I've emailed the person who carries these out. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet