Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLINK router: configuring for Full Fibre broadband

FIXED
d8smt
Rising Star

DLINK router: configuring for Full Fibre broadband

HI all,

Just upgrading today from the Plusnet Fibre Broadband (with phone) to the Full Fibre Broadband service, and want to keep my old router.

The old router connects to the old Fibre Broadband using PPPoE.

How do I set it up to connect to the new Full Fibre service? Is it still PPPoE ? Or s it a different connection (I have a static IP address as well).

cheers

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 425

Re: DLINK router: configuring for Full Fibre broadband

Fix

How do I set it up to connect to the new Full Fibre service? Is it still PPPoE ? Or s it a different connection (I have a static IP address as well).

@d8smt yes, FF is still PPPoE and the static IP doesnt change any of the settings.

Does your existing router connect via a separate DSL modem or is it a combined modem/router ?

If its the former , then you just disconnect the router from the modem and connect it (the router) to the ONT , job done!.

edit: only thing I'd say is make sure your router can handle the throughput if you are going for the higher speed FF products ( 500Mb and above )

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

d8smt
Rising Star

Re: DLINK router: configuring for Full Fibre broadband

Thanks - it's a full Gb router that connects to my old Huawei/Openreach modem via a WAN port, so should be a quick plug-n-play. Appreciate the quick response 🙂