cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currently hate Plusnet BB

RAIDMEUK
Dabbler

Currently hate Plusnet BB

I have a number of connections on my hub probably about 20 I'd say now when everyone is at home the connection is nowhere near stable wired or wifi. I've bypassed the master socket which helped but still have problems with having multiple connections to 1 hub now I moved over from EE to plusnet as it was cheaper, now I see why the hub is cheap and unable to deal with multiple connections.

Not happy and considering cancelling
13 REPLIES 13
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Currently hate Plusnet BB

@RAIDMEUK  if you think its a Hub problem and you still have your old EE hub ?

Then you should be able to reuse it by configuring with your plusnet username/password

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@RAIDMEUK 

When did you take out the contract? If recently I’m surprised that you were sent a Hub 2.

If you want the same performance as your EE hub then get a BT Smarthub, they are cheap from auction sites. Much less than paying cancellation fees and moving! You will find setting instructions pinned to the top of this Router board.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RAIDMEUK
Dabbler

I wish I had kept it in hindsight. But alas no 😕
RAIDMEUK
Dabbler

So I've spoken with customer service they didnt really seem to give 2 hoots in all honesty. My cancellation fee is £153.75 so I suppose the hub idea is the next thing to try if that dont work I'm just gonna virgin media the house.
RAIDMEUK
Dabbler

What hub do think I should have been given ? I've had the contact 4 months I think and it's been getting progressively worse
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

@RAIDMEUK 

have you had your connection checked for any problems, your issue might not be caused by your Hub.

RAIDMEUK
Dabbler

Only the tests I've done myself. My master socket has been bypassed as I was getting a ping of 67ms but now its 19ms with the front off.

But other than that no nothing.
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

I note in your first post you mentioned issues with both wireless and wired connection, with the drop in ping with the front of the master socket removed suggests a problem there. Is it a Master Socket 5c? These are prone with poor connection between the faceplate and the test socket.

You can test the performance of your broadband connection here https://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ with your Hub still connected to the test socket and using a wired connection perform a basic speed test followed by additional diagnostics, if you post the results here for the additional diagnostics it might be obvious if you have an issue or not.

It might be helpful to state what your expected broadband speed is for comparison, if you're not not sure you can find out what you should be getting here https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

Make sure you hide any personal information

HTH

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hita @RAIDMEUK, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry for the issues that you're having with your service and impact this is having when using your devices. I'd like to help get this sorted for you Smiley

I did try to call but reached your voicemail, I'm really sorry if I called at a bad time; testing today has detected a phone line fault. I've now raised this with our suppliers for you and have created a ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223240466, I've taken ownership of this for you  gong forward Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
RAIDMEUK
Dabbler

Lauren give me a call again please this is getting stupid
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

What exactly is the current problem? I'm assuming a line fault of some description because the Hub One can handle well in excess of 20 connected devices.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi @RAIDMEUK

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your service again. After testing the line I can't see any issues remotely with your router connected to the cabinet at a perfect sync of 80/20.

From looking at your router you've got both wireless bands merged at the moment. Have you tried splitting the bands to see if that helps?

There's a guide here that shows how to do this. If you're having issues doing that let us know as we can do it on your behalf with your permission

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bobpullen wrote:

What exactly is the current problem? I'm assuming a line fault of some description because the Hub One can handle well in excess of 20 connected devices.

It might, but what is the user trying to do here - they do not say.  How much concurrent use are they trying to drive through the box?

@MatthewWheeler What does the usage profile look like?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.