Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check firewall port 5000

FIXED
sidewinder1
Dabbler

Check firewall port 5000

I have a Thompson TG585 v7 router and am trying to set up an internet radio (Roberts WM-201) with an ethernet cable but the display on the radio informs me “Timeout connecting to Reciva Gateway check firewall port 5000”. I have done a factory reset on the radio so any previous owner router information has been removed.  The odd thing is that the time displayed is correct, so I assume that it is getting information from the internet. Can anyone tell me what I have to do to port 5000 to get the radio to connect?

6 REPLIES 6
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: Check firewall port 5000

Hi @sidewinder1 

The Thompson TG585 may need UPnP turning ON

Dan.

sidewinder1
Dabbler

Hi Dan.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

In the Game & Application Sharing section, Universal Plug and Play, Use UPnP is Yes.

So I guess it is already switched on.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Hi,

Yes, UPnP is enabled with that setting.

Not sure what else to suggest as all outgoing ports should be opened otherwise nothing would work, I fear there is nothing else you can setup, perhaps putting the device in the DMZ for a test is an option if it exists.

Dan.

sidewinder1
Dabbler

OK, thanks for that but I haven't a clue what a DMZ is or how to go about configuring it. Is there anyway of manually configuring port 5000 to allow this device to pass through the firewall? I know that may seem a silly question but this PC stuff makes no sense to me so I really am stabbing in the dark. What confuses me even more is that the radio display shows the correct time, therefore it must be reading information from the net, so how could it do that if the firewall is blocking it?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero

Fix

I'm wondering if the message is misleading.

Have you been sold this device as working? From reading the install guide for this receiver it uses reciva.com for station information which has closed down, see link

Dan.

sidewinder1
Dabbler

Thanks for providing the link. Looks like that is the reason for my problems. Oh well, at least I can salvage the power supply from it to power a home brew project.

Thanks again for your help.