cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot configure Sagemcom router using Safari Mac/iOS

StewartM
Hooked

Cannot configure Sagemcom router using Safari Mac/iOS

Hi, I can no longer configure the Plusnet Sagemcom 2704N router using the Safari browser. I get the initial page but then it does not respond to further input.

I noticed the problem yesterday with Safari (v9.1.2) on Mac OS X (v10.11.6). Things worked with Safari on iOS until updating today to v9.3.3 and now that has stopped working too.

Opening the Error Console in Safari Mac shows lots of errors along the lines of: 

[Error] Blocked script execution in 'http://192.168.1.254/basic_broadband.html' because the document's frame is sandboxed and the 'allow-scripts' permission is not set. (basic_broadband.html, line 8, x2) 

Any ideas?

Stewart.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Cannot configure Sagemcom router using Safari Mac/iOS

have you tried another browser?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
StewartM
Hooked

Yes – it works okay with Opera (just updated to v39.0.2256.43).

So maybe Apple are tightening up on the sandboxing thing?

Like I say, it was working with Safari on iOS yesterday, but not after updating iOS today.

And it did previously work with Safari on the Mac – not sure exactly when it stopped.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

StewartM
Hooked

Don't suppose somebody else with the most recent version of Safari on MacOS or iOS could check whether the Sagemcom configuration pages are working for them, so I know if it's a general incompatibility or just something odd with my particular modem?

flamesong
Grafter

I know it's an old thread but I just wanted to say that this must be a Safari issue because I have the same problem with two Sagemcom routers and two different Macs but both work fine with Firefox. It only started a few months ago so probably due to a Safari or Security update.

spectrum

I have the same issue with Safari. It works with Firefox on my MacBook and on my iPhone it will not work with Firefox, but works with Opera.