Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete two unknown devices from my Hub One

FIXED
Morf
Hooked
Fixes: 2

Can't delete two unknown devices from my Hub One

I have been doing some housework on my router, identifying all of the devices by MAC and giving them names. However, there are two "unknown" devices shown as "not connected" that I can't convince the router to delete. They're both showing the same IP address as another, known device, though they have different MAC numbers. Neither MAC is known to me (I have a list for my devices).

Is there anything I can do to delete these, other than resetting the router to factory defaults?

Additionally, if I look in the Advanced Settings - Home Network - Devices screen, several devices on the network are not shown. For example, I have my desktop PC, server and TV tuner all plugged into the same switch, which is connected via a powerline ethernet network to the router via cable. The PC and server are visible, but the tuner is not (and the tuner is not one of the unknown devices). Is there any way to get the router to show a more complete list of devices?

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Can't delete two unknown devices from my Hub One

Are you trying to delete devices in the advance network page after inserting your password? It won't work in the standard page. This only gives visibility of connected devices. You could also try 'renew lease' again in the advanced settings.

Putting the mac address of the unknown devices in here should give you the manufacturer of the unknown device, which might help.https://macvendors.com/. I once had this problem and traced it to a forgotton Kindle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Just spent 10mins looking for my apple product that was showing up, switched everything Apple off I could think of. Still showed. Then realised it was my computer that I was on . Embarrassed

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Awe no @LifeonMars.

It happens to us all, at least you now know for certain that none of your neighbors are poaching your WIFI Smiley. Give us a shout if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I have a list of the MAC of every device on my network.

When I buy something new I add its MAC to the list.

If I have a senior moment and see something on the network I don't recognise, I refer to my list.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Morf
Hooked

Fix
I've been using the advanced settings, yes. I've just looked again now and the unknown devices are gone, maybe due to leases expiring. I'm fairly sure that I've seen these devices, or ones like them, reappear in the past, so I'll keep an eye out. As for forgotten devices: I've only had the router for a couple of months, so I'm confident that I know all of the devices that I've connected to it. These odd ones were showing up as wired connections, which I only have in three rooms in the house right now, so they can't be forgotten wifi connections that are somehow awake. Anyway, I'll see if it recurs.
Morf
Hooked

I have a similar list, with the exception of virtual NICs for VMs that I haven't bothered noting down. This particular router does at least allow you to give more useful names to devices, though, which my previous few Plusnet routers did not.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear the problem appears to be resolved.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet