cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to Alien DVR CCTV system since changed router

Pimpernel1

Can't connect to Alien DVR CCTV system since changed router

Hi i am hoping someone might be able to help us with connecting back to our home CCTV system (Alien DVR). Recently changed to new plusnet router to enable fibre, which has thrown out our CCTV connection. Was working fine before, but now we cannot view remotely in realtime or playback mode. Have tried everything plusnet have suggested. Eventually gave up and returned back to standard broadband, but CCTV connection still not returned. CCTV company have advised it is to do with port forwarding . Have tried repeatedly to assign ports 80, 1240 and 8240, but keeps saying closed on port checker. 

Any ideas please anyone?

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Can't connect to Alien DVR CCTV system since changed router

@Pimpernel1  Welcome to the forum.

Were you previously with Plusnet on their ADSL router?

If not whilst you may have a port forwarding issue the other factor is whether your DVR has a fixed IP address? If so it needs to be set to an address in the range 192.168.1.1-63. Some other ISP's routers use the 192.168.0.xxx range.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Pimpernel1

hi,

thanks for the advice. yes we were with sagecom standard plusnet router before this problem and CCTV worked fine. i believe our DVR IP address is 192.168.1.199. 

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine