cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue light, no internet

Lawleylad

Blue light, no internet

Hi all, newbie here.
I have a blue light on my router and all the pages I can access on my hub manager says I'm connected. But I'm not. Any advice.. from anywhere.. would be very much appreciated.
Nobody seems to be in at Plusnet and I've followed all the online guides I can find.
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Blue light, no internet

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Flamazine27
Hooked

Re: Blue light, no interne

Hi.

make sure your device is connected to the WiFi network. Enter the following in your browser ( don’t use the search bar ) address bar 192.168.1.254  You should now have a new hub one page. Click on advance settings and enter the router password. You can find this on the reference card on the back of the router. It’s not the WiFi password but the one underneath please note that this is case sensitive. Once entered click on continue to advance settings. Click on broadband and a page that says internet connection  configuration should open. Look for a tab that says disconnect and click on it. In the box that says broadband username you need to type your plusnet user name followed by @plusdsl.net  In the password field you need to clear all the dots out and enter your plusnet account password . Once you have done this press connect. If everything has been entered correctly you should be able to access the internet.  Hope this helps you.

sallonoroff
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Blue light, no internet

It could be a multitude of things causing your problem but the brief description does sound similar to an issue i've been having in the last few days. My workaround has been to manually enter DNS settings on each device.

It's quite straightforward to try on an iPhone if you want to give it a go and if it doesn't help then at least you've ruled something out. These are the steps to setup CloudFlare DNS on iPhone or iPad:

Step 1: Go to Settings.

Step 2: Click on Wi-Fi.

Step 3: Click the information ‘i’ icon next to the Wi-Fi name you are connected to.

Step 4: Scroll down until you see the section called Configure DNS

Step 5: Change the configuration from Automatic to Manual.

Step 6: Click Add Server.

Step 7: Remove any IP addresses that may be already listed and in their place add:

Step 8: Click Save.

Then try to load a webpage on your iPhone. Any joy? If so, then you're (temporarily) sorted. If not then you can just undo the above steps and now know that it isn't a problem with DNS settings.

(Instructions for an Android device are here.)

CloudFlare DNS is free, fast and seems to respect privacy. There are other free services available too including Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) or you could just try entering PlusNet's DNS servers manually.