cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT smart Hub 2

FIXED
WillG

BT smart Hub 2

Hi, I've just bought a new BT smart Hub 2 to replace an old Net gear router for my fibre broadband. I've been reading the very helpful setup instructions and wanted to check a couple of things.

I've had to change my Plusnet password and the instructions say I have to put in a special character but the instructions for using a BT smart hub 2 say to remove special characters from your password.

Also the the username should be plusdsl.net whereas my email is plus.com, does this matter?

Thanks

WillG

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: BT smart Hub 2

@WillG  Welcome to the forum.

Presumably you haven't read the update to my original post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-A-BT-Smarthub-An-Update/m-p/1795292#M24601

Plusnet ask you to use a special character but it's not mandatory. However the later firmware accepts a special character anyway so it's worth seeing if the hub will accept it.

You username must have @plusdsl.net appended to it. @plus.com is just for emails.

Don't forget to leave the DSL cable disconnected until told to plug it in and come back if you have problems.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

WillG

Thanks Baldrick, I've managed to get it working but following the instruction no.12 

1. Go to ‘Advanced Wireless’ in the ‘Advanced settings’. In the field above the 5GHz band column labelled ‘Separate Bands’ set this to ‘ON’. Note that this should automatically add ‘-5’ to the ‘Network Name’. If not add it manually. You will now have two independent channels, use the best.   Didn't seem to work and just disconnected me!
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Fix

@WillG 

These instructions were written for the original Smarthub. Whilst they work for the later Smarthub 2 unfortunately the option to separate the bands is not supported with this model.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'