cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smarthub 6 (Chromecast and other smart wifi devices issues)

mrspock
Dabbler

BT Smarthub 6 (Chromecast and other smart wifi devices issues)

Hi,

I've been successfully using the Smarthub 6 with my Plusnet Fibre account (following this thread), however I've noticed that Chromecast devices are not discoverable anymore. Also, pairing other smart devices was impossible. So I had to switch back to the Plusnet router, which unfortunately lags horrible when playing PS online games and disconnects my laptop repeatedly for some reason.

Before resetting the BT router and trying to setup again, is there anything within its settings that might cause this to happen? I honestly don't remember if the connectivity issues started immediately after switching to BT router, or later (was it my fault tempering with the settings?!). But if it matters, I've split the 5Ghz and the 2.4 Ghz.

Anyone had similar issues with Smarthub?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: BT Smarthub 6 (Chromecast and other smart wifi devices issues)

@mrspock 

I have no idea if it makes a difference but are all the smart devices using the same band? If not, try it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mrspock
Dabbler

No, some use 5Ghz and others 2.4 Ghz.

You mean don't use 2 separate bands, rather one for both 5Ghz and the 2.4 Ghz? Or try connecting them on either of these? - this would be an issue cause the air filter, for example, sees only the 2.4.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

No, I was surmising whether they all need to be connected to say the 2.4GHz band.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

mrspock
Dabbler

Lights and air purifier needs 2.4, Chromecast works with either.

I've tried to:

- disable the 5Ghz 

- use only one network name with both 2.4 and 5Ghz

- reset the Smarthub and setup again

- compare the Smart Hub and the Hub One settings, just in case some settings are not the same

In the end, same results:

- using Smart hub:

- cannot add Chromecast to my Google Home, so basically cannot cast to it from any video/audio mobile app (ie Youtube)

- cannot pair the air purifier with the Smart Tuya app, and therefore not make it work with Alexa/Google Home

- (strange) smart lights continue to work and accept 'commands' from Google Home app and Alexa

- great online video gaming experience

- using Hub one

- every smart device works and connects as it should with either Google Home, Alexa, Smart Tuya app etc.

- lagging while online gaming

In conclusion, if I could  get rid of the gaming lag, I'd just use Hub One. If I could pair at least Chromecast, I'd use Smart Hub.

Now I'm in the middle Smiley