Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart hub 2 5GHz Wifi issues

FIXED
M3SNU-Steve
Dabbler

BT Smart hub 2 5GHz Wifi issues

Hello I have recently bought a Bt smart hub 2 off E-bay.  I had no problems manualy setting up the router with my details to connect to plusnet's broadband network all is working fine I have 40/9 meg up/down.  What my situation is when I log into the bt hub manager on 192.168.1.254.  I try to manualy change the 5 GHz channel by going to Advanced Wirless Settings/Configuration.  the 5 GHz channel is currently set to Smart when I try changing the 5 GHz channel by clicking the channel button.  From the drop down list of channels I can only see 4 to choose from ch 36 - 48.  Why can`t I see the other channels higher than 48?  I know it goes upto ch 165 on 5 GHz I am only asking because I need to choose another channel my neighbour is on ch44. 

I hope someone can look into this for me, thank you for you time.

Stephen.

2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: BT Smart hub 2 5GHz Wifi issues

Fix
Pretty sure you're stuck with it - see this thread over at BT https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/BT-Smart-Hub-2-Limited-channels/td-p/2107279

No one from PN will be able to help either as it's not their product.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
M3SNU-Steve
Dabbler

Re: BT Smart hub 2 5GHz Wifi issues

@dvorak Hello thank you for the swift reply.  I have had a look at the thread over at BT and yes it looks like you're right.  Such a shame but never mind, I think I'll switch back the the hub one and keep the bt hub as a spare.  Thanks for looking into this for me and the benefit of your experties. 

Have a nice day and enjoy the warm and sunny weather!!

Stephen.