cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to set up a AC2800 VDSL Modem Router

acomelyltd

Attempting to set up a AC2800 VDSL Modem Router

Finally got my fibre to the cabinet installed yesterday and then found Openreach no longer supply a modem as part of the install. So no problem, wanted to upgrade my router anyway, so went out and bought a TP-Link AC2800 modem router. Have been through the setup process, both automatically and manually several times, but it refuses to connect to the internet. On checking the logs I am getting "CHAP authentication failed" despite using the correct username@plusdsl.net and password used to log into members centre. Never had any issues establishing a link at my previous address with the credentials so I know they are correct. Have tried phoning the help line, but am still listening to some not very appropriate music after some twenty minutes, so thought I would post on here in case there is a simple solution, as I am becoming increasingly disgruntled at both Plusnet and Openreach due to having notified them of a change of address two months ago, but Openreach didn't action until the situation was escalated.

Thanks

Andy

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Attempting to set up a AC2800 VDSL Modem Router

@acomelyltd 

I'm not a techie but if you previously used an OR Modem then I believe it still works with FTTC so you could go back to your old setup.

Also, has PN not supplied a Hub2 which you could use short term while you figure out the AC2800

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Attempting to set up a AC2800 VDSL Modem Router

@acomelyltd  Welcome to the forum.

Have you got the Point to Point Protocol set to PPPoE? Some hubs default to PPPoA and the VLAN set to 101, see. https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'