cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet connection when?

rax1990

plusnet connection when?

i signed up for plusnet broadband on the 16/05/2022. it's now the 09/06/2022 and still nothing to say when I will be connected. I have had to pay talktalk double what i normally pay for an extra month, on top of the first month payment plusnet has already taken. what kind of wait am i looking at and can I claim the money I've had to pay out back? Not a great start with a new customer.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: plusnet connection when?

@rax1990 Have you had NO communication from Plusnet - they usually send updates by email,  but if you haven't heard anything, the best thing to do is ring  them on 0800 432 0200.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@rax1990  Welcome to the forum.

Whilst Plusnet take the first months payment when you sign up, the first months billing does not start until he day that the servce starts on the Plusnet system. Consequently you are not being charged twice whilsr waiting for the transfer to complete.

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@rax1990 

A warm welcome to the forum.  A transfer from Talk Talk - oh dear, there could be a fair bevvy of sources for problems there between Talk Talk, BT Wholesale, BT Openreach and Plusnet attempting to supply your new service.  Talk Talk supplies services over their own equipment and in some cases as a SOGEA connection.  All very technical, but sometimes they doing this "outside" of the BT network can give rise to issues returning your phone line services back to the network owner - BT Openreach.  Any such issue should be detailed on your account.

Have you tried logging into the user portal to inspect the progress of your order?

If not, do so and use the PN Ticket link below.  Then look for open tickets and recent closed tickets.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rax1990

I got a message the day after I posted this to say the phone might be connected on the 14th.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

A month to do the transfer. Sounds like issues with the line take over process. It can take time for orders to fail / be rejected and then Ofcom’s 10 day delay rule (to stop slamming as Talk Talk was notorious for) kicks in again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I can see we placed your order promptly when you signed up on the 16.05.22 but our suppliers could only commit to the 14.06.22 as the earliest for your phone and broadband to activate. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet