cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer new line, phone and broadband engineer delay

brendaj

new customer new line, phone and broadband engineer delay

Hi there, I recently moved in to a new build with no landline and ordered a landline, phone package and internet. I was given the 26 April when I signed up but now have had emails saying :

Unfortunately, there's been a delay to the order for your telephone service.
We'll contact you again once we have more details about this.

Can anyone give me any idea of when this might be installed ? Im assuming you have the money from my card when I initially ordered so it seems unfair Im not receiving what Ive paid for.

I am having to borrow a computer at a relatives house to check emails and post this and have very patchy service on a pay as you go non smart phone.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: new customer new line, phone and broadband engineer delay

Hi there @breandaj, 

I'm really sorry for the delays to your order, especially when moving as I know that's already a really stressful thing to go through. Having checked I can see that Openreach have discovered some issues with the way that the line is routed so the reason for the delay is due to the extra planning work needed to get that rectified. That's being dealg with now and we've been advised that we should have an update on 21/4/22 for you, after that we should be able to give you a clearer expectation about when we can get the services up and running.

Please do let me know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime and I'll happily pick this back up for you. 

All the best

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
brendaj

Hi there, the engineer from Kelly came on Friday and said he had to get Openreach to come and get the line done as he didn’t have the plan for the wiring and there wasn't the right box in the house, do you know when this will happen ? I'm paying for a service I’m not receiving and my phone is vital for me as my mobile signal is very patchy and getting credit for it is a 4 mile round trip.

Can someone please help get this resolved urgently as being cut off from vital services is worrying me 

Thank you
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

New builds can be a devil of a job - the construction contractor should have sorted all of this out.  Kelly do not do major installations - somewhat sounds as though Openreach have not completed the primary installation for the site.

To be precise you are not paying for a service you are not receiving, but rather you have paid the first month's subscription for the service you will receive when commissioned.  The next bill will not be due until one month after the phone line goes live.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.