Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Address for Order

FIXED
clownfish
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Wrong Address for Order

I am considering (not completely decide yet...) going for the FTTP option now I am out of contract on my FTTC service but when I get to the stage of confirming my address looking for products available, the Plus Net address lookup is wrong.

We see this quite regularly with other address lookups on other sites so it's not unique to Plus Net and it depends which address lookup service the web site uses.

The first bit of our address is missing.

It should read something like

7 XYZ COURT.

SOME LANE.

CHESTER CHN NZZ

What actually comes up is something like this:

SOME LANE.

CHESTER CHN NZZ

I have been a plus net customer for years so I was thinking this is of no consequence except for the fact there is an address of 7 SOME LANE even though the post code is different.

By pure coincidence we know the people who live there and they have on several occasions directed deliveries to us when clearly the delivery driver has used a similar incorrect lookup.

My concern is should I go ahead an place an order, that the engineer doesn't turn up at 7 SOME LANE or worse my order affects 7 SOME LANE's existing broadband.

Anyone else had similar issues?

20 REPLIES 20
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: Wrong Address for Order

@clownfish 

First thing to do is to go looking for the Post Office Post Code site and check the address on there.

If it's correct, look at you PlusNet account and check the address they have for you.

If that's correct then you'll need a staff member to have a look at things for you. If it's an OpenReach database problem then PN can raise a request to get things corrected.

With PN FTTP you are aware you you lose your phone number?

Brian

clownfish
Rising Star

Post Office gives the correct and full address for our post code.

Plus net address is correct except they put a comma after the 7 which is a bit strange.

Yes I was aware about the phone issue which is why I have not completely decided yet.

Thanks your your reply

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@clownfish 

It looks like an OpenReach problem then. When a staff member picks this up they can submit an ORDI request to get things corrected on OR. They should also be able to correct their own records.

You can move to BT free of any cancellation charges to keep your phone number if you speak to PN first - but you then lose PN e-mails.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@clownfish wrote:

Plus net address is correct except they put a comma after the 7 which is a bit strange.

It was a long time ago I admit but when I went to school I seem to remember being taught to place a comma after the number.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I've updated your address in our database now, thanks for the heads up! 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clownfish
Rising Star

Thanks for updating the address and I can see the rouge comma has gone for the address on my account  but I still have the underlying issue when presented with the drop down for my address with the first line missing.  I also did the address  check on the Open Reach web site and it’s wrong the same way there so I assume as was suggested earlier this is an Open Reach database issue?

greygit
Rising Star

Personal observation based on experiences.

The post office offer a defintive address list tied back to post codes, etc. They charge businesses for the use of their database. Other (cheaper to use) 'third party' databases are also available, but often include variances/innacuracies.This first became apparent to me when trying to clear a mortgage on a previous property. The (ex) mortgage provider had to re-check the address using the definitive data.

You get what you pay for. An example. At one time a company declared the place where I reside as not existing because of the "variances/innacuracies". The 'regular' mail arrived; deliveries by non-post office courier services less reliably. Punctuation can be extremely important, but blush-coded (rouge) commas are rarely a big issue.

Let's just say that the company that declared the location as 'not existing' is never, ever going to get an order from here. They got what they paid for.

clownfish
Rising Star

Yes, the Post Office have it correct.  Plus Net don’t, neither do Sky Broadband (I am. Sky TV customer somehow I managed to sign up despite this), Zen Internet have it correct.

It’s pot luck which company serves up the correct address and when one does it’s a pleasant surprise which of course it should not be.   It wouldn’t be so bad if they gave you an option to type the address in but few do.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@clownfish It may be as a certain poster has said above, or it may actually be that the suppliers systems mis-interpret the address - mine is actually incorrect on the Post Code database because, I suspect, someone missed a very important 's' off the first line, and although I know I, and at least two out of my three neighbours have reported this error, it has never been changed.

The first line should read 'x Something Something Cottages, 'but the Post Code database omits that last letter, resulting in at least two companies I have dealt with in the past actually calling my address 'Flat x, Something Something Cottage'.

John
jab1
Legend

Actually, just checked how PN have my address, and they have it wrong as well - 'Something Something Cottage, x Something Lane' - even though I know I used the Post Code data base to enter it when I joined.Huh

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@clownfish wrote:

Thanks for updating the address and I can see the rouge comma has gone for the address on my account  but I still have the underlying issue when presented with the drop down for my address with the first line missing.  I also did the address  check on the Open Reach web site and it’s wrong the same way there so I assume as was suggested earlier this is an Open Reach database issue?

Ah sorry I had checked Openreach's phone ordering system and that was correct but I didn't check the broadband ordering system as this should normally match up. I've now sent an ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) request across, which should hopefully update your address across all the supplier systems within 5 working days.

@jab1, I've updated your address now to match the Postcode Address File (PAF).

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend

@Gandalf Cheers, but..... 😉

John
clownfish
Rising Star

@Gandalf 0k thanks.  I shall keep checking to see if it’s updated to the correct address.

clownfish
Rising Star

Well obviously not fixed yet as the Hub2 router was delivered to the wrong address today.

As I mentioned in the first post in this thread by pure coincidence we know the people at the address that is mistaken for ours by this broken address lookup system despite theirs having a different post code.  They brought the Hub2 round to our house this afternoon.

Install of FTTP due on Monday.  I have asked them to send the Open Reach engineer here if he turns up there (though I think Open Reach's address lookup is correct and hopefully Plus Net won't send them to the wrong place!).