Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I be connected tonight?

tessie31082

Will I be connected tonight?

Hi!

I got my router today.

Text I received said to plug it in if possible BEFORE tomorrow (the one I recieved on Sunday said to plug it in tomorrow before 8am) then send 'ready' by text back to them.

The text I then got says to keep it plugged in as it could take until midnight to activate and that an engineer may call me. Will they not connect me automatically, will I have to speak with an engineer?

Even though my activation date is tomorrow, do you think I will get connected today as it told me to plug it in today which means I'm now running on my phone data?

Will the router automatically go blue once connected so I know its working?

Thanks

Tessie

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 416

Re: Will I be connected tonight?

That all sounds a bit 'odd' . Is this a Full fibre order where an ONT already exists in the premises ?

Will the router automatically go blue once connected so I know its working?

That bit I can answer ,  it's yes!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tessie31082

Hi,

I am supposed to have Fibre (no phone)?

I have happily had Sky broadband working until I swapped the routers over at 5.30pm - used all the new bits from my Plusnet box.

Not sure why one text said to do it tomorrow morning, yet when my router was delivered the text said to do it today if possible but now I have nothing!?

Is it worth re-setting the router or should I just wait until tomorrow morning and see if I get anymore text/emails?

Thanks

Tessie

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I have happily had Sky broadband working until I swapped the routers over at 5.30pm - used all the new bits from my Plusnet box.

Not sure why one text said to do it tomorrow morning, yet when my router was delivered the text said to do it today if possible but now I have nothing!?

@tessie31082 Have you actually been given a changeover date ? its usually by email.

It doesnt sound like any changeover happened yesterday. If the changeover is today , then your Sky service will likely cease around now and the Plusnet service start before the end of the day. 

What's the colour and state e.g flashing/steady of the light on the Plusnet router.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tessie31082

Mister W - activation is today so not sure why I was told to plug it in yesterday! The light is solid red. Fingers crossed something happens while I'm at work today! Thanks
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

so not sure why I was told to plug it in yesterday! 

@tessie31082 neither am I!. Those sort of text messages are new to me, they usually are sent on the activation day.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@tessie31082  normally you would not switch routers until the old one stops working, so I wonder if your Sky router still works? 

Mav
Fixes: 516

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

tessie31082

All connected and working this evening! Thanks all for your replies Smiley