cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we receive the router for our Fibre upgrade?

FIXED
DaveH1976
Hooked

When will we receive the router for our Fibre upgrade?

Last Monday (18/04) we made an order to upgrade from Unlimited Broadband to Unlimited Fibre, moving our phone service from BT to PN in the process. As part of that order, we requested a new router, but have not yet received it and the only mention I see of it in the tickets is in the original product change confirmation.

The changeover is scheduled for tomorrow (25/04), though I note that the move to the 21C Network (presumably the actual switch to fibre?) is stated in a service ticket to occur by the end of 04/05, so perhaps we only need the new router before then and not tomorrow?

I’m concerned because we currently only have an ADSL2+ router and assume that at some point we will no longer be able to connect through it.

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

Re: When will we receive the router for our Fibre upgrade?

@DaveH1976 

We need a Plusnet staffer to advise here.

My guess is that your phone will change over first and then your broadband will be upgraded. This depends on engineer availability. Hubs are normally sent out a few days before the change over.

The change to the 21CN network is hopefully a coincidence or typo as it is a newer version of ADSL. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

DaveH1976
Hooked

Thank you @Baldrick1, that does make sense.

I just made an assumption as to the meaning of the 21C ticket, due to the later completion date stated on it, but looking at it again, I see the wording is that the "broadband service is now being transferred to the 21C Network..." so perhaps just a component of the line change and nothing to do with the fibre upgrade.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@DaveH1976 

The 21C Network change will be part of a long running OpenReach program to upgrade all their Exchanges from the 20C Network. It literally stands for 21st Century as opposed to the 20th Century equipment.

Brian

Edit : Here's a news article from 2019

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/12/after-15-years-bt-21cn-wbc-still-has-98-exchanges-to-u...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@DaveH1976 

The 21C Network change notice is a standard report for any service change order (or modification) on 21CN - it will be seen even if you are already connected to it.  I saw one recently and queried with the tech team.

I would suspect that what has happened here is that the completion data has slipped due to BT engineer (non) availability, but for some reason that has not been communicate to you.

I am adding your case to my list of non-notification of installation change date.  The previous date you mentioned might have been a provisional date as opposed to a confirmed date.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DaveH1976
Hooked

Thanks @Townman & @bmc.

The 21C ticket and the further date it had on it seems irrelevant then, so I guess I'll hope to see some update on my tickets after whatever part of the changeover (presumably just the phone) takes place tomorrow.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@DaveH1976  I would not expect anything to happen tomorrow, certainly not the phone line transfer which takes at least 10 working days, so that  the existing supplier can contact the customer to advise them that their line is about to be transferred. Have you received any notification from BT? Looking at the calendar around the 4th of May looks right. Plusnet will send the router as late as they possibly can, perhaps if staff see this thread they will send it out earlier.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @DaveH1976 DaveH1976, if you'd like to send me a PM with your account username, I'll be more than happy to see what's going on with the upgrade as well as the router. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
DaveH1976
Hooked

@RealAleMadrid No we haven't had any communication from BT. It looks like I was maybe expecting things to have moved faster than I should have.

@adam945 Thanks Adam, PM'd.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@DaveH1976  That doesn't sound too good, I suspect there may have been a problem in Plusnet's automated ordering system and the order has not gone through. I'm sure @adam945 will tell you what is going on.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi Dave,

I'm really sorry for the confusion we've caused here. Contrary to the information we've given via your account, I can confirm that your fibre's due to go live on the 03.05.22. The service notice suggesting 04.05.22 is referring to midnight as 00:00:00. 

We haven't placed the transfer of your phone line yet but we will do when your fibre order's completed. Also I've just pushed the order for your new router through our systems so you should receive it well in advance of your fibre going live. 

If you've got any further queries, feel free to get back to me and I'll be happy to help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DaveH1976
Hooked

Thank you very much @Gandalf, that clears that up then!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No worries at all, let me know how it goes!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet